Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell X1 - The Great Defector

Options
  • 26-01-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi,

does anyone know if this has been released yet (if not, any idea re date) - have it going around in my head and nothing to sing along to :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

Will be released towards the end of February, as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

Ya i love that song. I got it from www.lavamus.com . You don't have to wait until february. Its a good site for music.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

better site to listen to this song

http://musicremedy.com/b/Bell_X1/videos/Great_Defector-31973.html

I've had it on repeat nearly all day, absolutely love it :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

First time hearing it today.

Said to myself "Good to see people playing "Talking Heads" again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

February 20th as far as i recall

I likes it but it does sound like they've been listening to alot of talking heads lately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

L31mr0d wrote: »
    better site to listen to this song

http://musicremedy.com/b/Bell_X1/videos/Great_Defector-31973.html

I've had it on repeat nearly all day, absolutely love it :p

hey, thanks for that - had it on repeat myself all evening..........(and I hated Talking Heads......it might inspire me to buy some of that stuff now aswell!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Seen it all sorts of blogs, is it worth downloading? I haven't listened to any of their works. Does it go beyond your typical indie?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

Bring on the 20th of Febuary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

It's alright. I heard it on the radio t'other day and thought it was actually a Talking Heads song. Can't believe it's a contemporary band. Unbelievable. Like, it sounds exactly like Talking Heads. More than Franz Ferdinand do.

Don't quite understand the point of it tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

This song doesnt sound like Talking Heads, it sounds like BellX1. And I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

brilliant, thanks for the link.. the song it really growing on me.

There's definitely a Talking Heads vibe about the song, but you could hear some of that influence on the previous albums too.. even in the titles:
    Talking Heads album "Fear Of Music" ===> Bell X1 album "Music In Mouth"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

This song doesnt sound like Talking Heads, it sounds like BellX1. And I love it.
    Sorry, have you ever listened to Talking heads?

Paul has been a TH fan for years and there has always been a bit of a Talking Heads vibe to their stuff, but this track really sounds like something from Remain In Light era Heads.

Edit: Just to point out, I don't think it's a bad song and I have nothing against BellX1, in fact I think they have some good songs, but I really can't understand the point of making a song sound EXACTLY like another band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Heard it on the radio a couple of days back. thought it was an old Talking Heads track that I missed. Good song but it is 100% Talking Heads rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Heard it on Phantom and after the song the DJ said "And David Byrne plays the National Concert Hall this year....." and laughed.

It's undeniably a Talking Heads soundalike and a decent enough one at that.
    Unbelievable. Like, it sounds exactly like Talking Heads. More than Franz Ferdinand do.

Would have said Franz Ferdinand were more Gang of Four than Talking Heads, especially on their first album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

solid song hope the albums similar

Advertisement