Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EHEIM aquarium filter spares

Options
  • 26-01-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

A friend and I purchased aquarium setups a number of years ago from Kilkenny Aquatics.

Since then, they have shut their Kilkenny operation, and have relocated to New Ross, which has now also been closed.

I need to get filter media for a 2213, 2215 and 2217 filter as well as an impellor kit but cannot find anywhere to get them here in Ireland.

I have asked my local petshop and also another who don't have them, and cannot get them through their normal supply channels.

So now, I have three filters which need media, and parts and I cannot get them.. can anyone give me details for a supplier here in Ireland (who will post/ship) or can someone let me know a wholesaler for these so I can order through my local petstore.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Try the english stores online as Eheim seems to be popular in the UK, for example Maidenhead Aquatics (www.fishkeeper.co.uk).
    It might help to buy a copy of Practical Fishkeeping magazine, it is in some decent newsagents.

With regard to the filter media, can you not just buy media from a larger filter and just cut it down to size? I have done this before to use up supplies of media from unused filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Thanks Rory,

I checked out that site but they don't appear to ship to Ireland? I've sent through an email regardless to see if they will accept the order so fingers crossed.

I'll post back if I find somewhere in Ireland for EHEIM kit in case anyone else looks in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 holyshow

Wackers in dublin or aquatic village also in dublin can get eheim media and parts. If its not in the shops they can definitely order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Thanks, have sent an email to aquatic village and will let you know how i get on.

Advertisement