Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Active Customer

Options
  • 26-01-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

I have a little nestegg in a Savings Acc with FA - should I be worried??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why be worried?

FA has been part of the same group as Ulster Bank since 2004. They've (in many cases) been selling different brands of the same products. They're joining together under the Ulster Bank brand.

Nothing changes really from a customer point of view apart from the brand. They still exist, the money is still there and still backed by the same state guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Why be worried?

FA has been part of the same group as Ulster Bank since 2004. They've (in many cases) been selling different brands of the same products. They're joining together under the Ulster Bank brand.

Nothing changes really from a customer point of view apart from the brand. They still exist, the money is still there and still backed by the same state guarantees.

That's pretty much EXACTLY what I was hoping someone would tell me.. Thanks, Guy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I will miss First Active though. I have a savings account there too and I like their uniqueness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Can't understand why RBS didn't streamline First Active years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

stepbar wrote: »
    Can't understand why RBS didn't streamline First Active years ago.

Ello Stepbar, they did. UB/FA are more or less the same thing. Systems are the same, lending unit, mortgages etc are all the same. This really only effects the front line branch element of the FA operations.

Not sure they'll get all the job cuts there looking for. Thank god atleast the IBOA have come out 1st thing and refused complusary job cuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

What will happen on the insurance front? First Active are tied to Friends First and Ulster are a broker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

So my FA and my UB online banking will soon just be UB online banking?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've a couple of grand I was saving in an account there. I haven't had any notification letters from them in regard to any changes. Does anyone know will I still have the same services / interest / online banking?

MarkR wrote: »
    I've a couple of grand I was saving in an account there. I haven't had any notification letters from them in regard to any changes. Does anyone know will I still have the same services / interest / online banking?

All that will change is the logo. Everything is already the same behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

MarkR wrote: »

I got a letter from them on Thursday I think. Yours is probably in the post.

No mention of any changes other than the brand name. I would have thought that a closure of branches might mean some changes of sort codes but maybe not.

• Advertisement

There is no need for any Sort Code Changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Ello Stepbar, they did. UB/FA are more or less the same thing. Systems are the same, lending unit, mortgages etc are all the same. This really only effects the front line branch element of the FA operations.

Not sure they'll get all the job cuts there looking for. Thank god atleast the IBOA have come out 1st thing and refused complusary job cuts.

That was before I heard that most of the FA branches were effectivly franchises..... I was supprised that branches weren't closed when RBS took over FA, (especially where UB and FA operated on the same street) now I know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I have a FA savings account which has an ATM card. Will I have to get an Ulster Bank one? Will I then be able to lodge cash into my account again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Stepbar, it is totally incorrect to say most FA branches are franchises. I doubt there is even half a dozen. Whoever told you that must be mixing them up with EBS.

sitstill wrote: »
    I have a FA savings account which has an ATM card. Will I have to get an Ulster Bank one? Will I then be able to lodge cash into my account again?

You can ldg cash in any UB. I'm not sure when everything changes over. You can still use your current ATM card, when it expires and new UB one will be issued.

Your account number and Sort code all remain the same.

BOI/AIB have been closing down branches for years and joining them with closer larger branches, nothing changes except the branch is gone. This is the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

BOI/AIB have been closing down branches for years and joining them with closer larger branches, nothing changes except the branch is gone. This is the same thing.

When NIB closed branches last year they issued new a/c numbers & sort codes from branches to which accounts were transferred (they did to me anyway).

Which is why I wasn't assuming anything wrt the changes at FA.

BendiBus wrote: »
    When NIB closed branches last year they issued new a/c numbers & sort codes from branches to which accounts were transferred (they did to me anyway).

Which is why I wasn't assuming anything wrt the changes at FA.

Nope, FA and UB where both transfer onto RBS's platform in 06 and FA customers where given new account numbers back then, think the old ones had 10 digits.

So this switch only removes a Logo.

Advertisement