Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax and Invoicing

• 26-01-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Quick question, i am set up as a sole trader and i am registered for VAT, I am now billing a client and wondering what do i have to charge in regards Tax. i have an agreed per hour fee but does this normally include VAT or is it charged on top of the fee?

thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Business to business quotes usually exclude VAT. B2C quotes must include VAT.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

yeh it's b2b, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

dahamsta wrote: »
    Business to business quotes usually exclude VAT. B2C quotes must include VAT.

adam

This looks a little ambiguous, all customers B2B and B2C must be charged VAT. When you quote, you must make it clear, if the costs are inclusive/exclusive of VAT and specify what VAT rate will apply. B2B estimates are normally quoted excluding VAT, but the invoice will of course include VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

B2B estimates are normally quoted excluding VAT, but the invoice will of course include VAT.

thats what i needed to know! thanks to both of you!

Advertisement