Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation injection

• 26-01-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Can someone please recommend an affordable and honest company which do insulation injection in the Dublin area?

Thanks, Kevin
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i dont know about honest... but most of the quotes ive seen over the last 6 months for pumped in insulation have been extremly affordable...

from 500 (700 sq ft) to 1400 (1750 sq ft).....

these were for retro fits...

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭willbur

why are you using this option for home insulation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Be careful on what you are quoted for, I wouldn't be putting foam into cavities, it's ok in certain attics but not in walls. Moisture has to be able to disapate in the cavity, Foam won't allow this moisture to escape. Beads are a better option for the cavity. Check for an IAB cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

isnt kingspan the best? at least you know what you are getting with regard to insulation thickness and performance. i would think foam is a waste of time as you wont know if its any good anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Kingspan dont do the pump in/injected insulation AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

muffler wrote: »
    Kingspan dont do the pump in/injected insulation AFAIK.

meant to say that i would avoid foam insulation and use kingspan plasterboard with insulation backing. i would think the foam thing is a waste of time as you dont know if its any good or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Beads are pretty good as a retro-fit, they are bonded in place now so they don't flow out if you drill a hole afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KevinC

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i dont know about honest... but most of the quotes ive seen over the last 6 months for pumped in insulation have been extremly affordable...

from 500 (700 sq ft) to 1400 (1750 sq ft).....

these were for retro fits...
    It is a 3 bed semi (dormer)

can you recommend a company?

spadder wrote: »
    Beads are pretty good as a retro-fit, they are bonded in place now so they don't flow out if you drill a hole afterwards.

Someone advised beads alright.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

pm away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dcom

Could somebody pm me the names of recommended companies in the Dublin area.

Thanks

D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

me too please!! :D

I dont believe it my walls as cavity blocks. I just assumed when I looked at width that they where cavity walls.

No insulation injection for me.

Advertisement