Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meet Up ??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I'm in Swords and I'll probably pick up a tripod by then anyway.

12 is okay by me. only thing is the weather dudes are talking about bad weather on Sunday so do we want to caveat until Sat or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Friday
    Calina wrote: »

12 is okay by me. only thing is the weather dudes are talking about bad weather on Sunday

Bad weather = Gooood Photography :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

The worse weather, the less snappers outside, the less common and cliche pictures captured :-) That's why some of us wake up early in the morning :D
    I am not sure about bots for myself, but I would like to go for a pint and to see some prints. And faces too, of course. However I cannot promise (threaten) yet not knowing my schedule.

Friday
    ThOnda wrote: »
    but I would like to go for a pint

Is that not dangerous ?

One pint of green tea and god knows what effect that has on, well, things :D;)

Believe me, I know the effect of a pint of green tea ;)
    3204336775_f6a825f5d9_m.jpg

Friday
    ThOnda wrote: »
    Believe me, I know the effect of a pint of green tea ;)
    3204336775_f6a825f5d9_m.jpg

A lesson in White Balance badly needed, my friend :pac::pac::D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

DarrenG wrote: »
    Yes, sounds like a great idea. Now I have a little problem. I had intended having a pint or two in town so I'll need to figure out public transport to the Botanics. What time you talking about meeting up there?

Could always pick you up on the way out there if that suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Thursday
    Thanks but I'm going to drive. I want to try a drink free weekend for a change.

So it's still noon at the Bots on Sunday followed by tea/coffee/drink somewhere else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Sunday
    would love to come to this, but i work pretty much every sunday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

It's been a while since I've looked into the forum ... but I had a pint with Elven and Rymus earlier and they told me about this thread ...

Nice to see a few familiar faces back in the forum ... I'd kind of lost touch a bit, what with a my new day job being so busy ... not to mention the fact that I live and breathe photography technology with the new career ... I've learnt so much about camera technology in the last year you would not beleive ...but I'd almost forgotten that cameras are more than just devices to hold our algorithms and help me make my quarterly target ...

I like the idea ... particularly the "NON" photography club element ... unfortunately I heard too late for this one ... but I'm on for future ones if you want to make it a regular ... Saturday afternoons are best for me ... but Sunday will occasionally work also ...

• Advertisement

Okay.

Seeing as this is in two parts, in summary am I getting the following details:

1) Noon at Botanic Gardens.
    2) 3pm at a café to be decided but I'm suggesting Kaffee Moka in Epicurean Foodhall or Muse on top of Easons as I think they probably have space enough. If someone has other suggestions, shoot...the opening hour for Sin E appears to be *fluid*.

I'm suggesting a city centre venue for the main show so more people can find it easily - in fairness to Covey, the flowershots were added on only cos I have a toy to play with and asked Darren if he were interested and it sort of mushroomed (it's like one year since I've been there by the way).

Anyone really interested in coming to the Botanics by the way can PM me and I'll issue a phone number for "we're late where are you" purposes.

Friday
    Calina wrote: »
    Okay.

in fairness to Covey, the flowershots were added on only cos I have a toy to play with and asked Darren if he were interested and it sort of mushroomed (it's like one year since I've been there by the way).

No bother at all :cool:

I'm a major doubt anyway, Sundays aren't great for me. If I'm not there hope you all enjoy it.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Thursday
    That's a shame tbh.

Reiterate: Botanics at noon and Easons/Muse Cafe top story O'Connell Street at 3-3.30ish. Is this okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Won't make it after all, can't get my hands on the camera tomorrow.
    Next time tho, work permitting!

Enjoy!
    :)

Thursday
    I've never been to the Muse cafe but happy to go along with it but just in case it's busy the cafe in St. Stephens Green is quite nice and has free wifi (for the nerds).

It looks that I would have to pass this opportunity to see you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

prob wont be able to make this either ..... supposed to take pics of a football game in Edenderry tomorrow (unless I hear that the game is off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'll aim for the coffee shop for 3ish, but still feeling a bit rough from last night, so no guarantees :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I have baking to do but will try to make the café, would be nice to put faces to names.

John wrote: »
    I have baking to do but will try to make the café, would be nice to put faces to names.

You could bake early and bring us all cake? :D

I could but that would involve getting up early and I don't like that on a Sunday!

Friday
    We could all start early and do food photography at your place :D;)

Could even call the Meet ... Food, Flowers and F** .. well plenty of options there. :)

Thursday
    Just home from shooting a gig, and a few pints with a drunken celebratory Leinsterman (who's going to wake up shocked at the fact he's wearing a cheap french scarf instead of the expensive free one he went into town with... :pac: ), I'll be on for the cafe tomorrow.

Friday
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    a few pints with a drunken celebratory Leinsterman

The ghost of Denis Hickie :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

sundays are bad for me :( sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Snowed in here. I was looking forward to my first visit to the bots and a few tips from Julie. Ah well. It's out into the whiteness I suppose.

Thursday
    It's snowing here too but I'm going to wrap up warm and head in.

Plants in snow are excellent for structures and abstract photos. I wish I could go. My morning Mondello session was cancelled too :(

argghhhh.

I *may* be a few minutes late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Don't think I will make it in now.

Snow is quite heavy here.

Thursday
    So.... is anyone going to the cafe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i'm staying in... thanks all, didn't know it was snowing until u all mentioned it... :P ... dark room, blinds and curtains are up 24/7... :D

Yeah, I'm going to skip this I think. I'm not exactly snowed in, but it wouldn't be a lot of fun getting out.

It's raining at Tallaght outskirts now. And I have to go out to something completely useless.
    But I wish you very sincerely good time and enjoyable meeting in the cafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ok just curious?

Did I see two photography boardsies in a Centra up on the North Strand in town today about 1ish? Lady with a Roxy top and a camera aroun dher neck, and a guy with a grey hat on?

Was going to say hello but was afraid I was wrong and I'd make a total arse of myself! lol

I'm not a stalker, I was getting hangover food! lol

Didn't make it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Friday
    I couldn't make it in, stuck with the progeny for the day, hope to catch the next one though.
    Niall

Thursday
    Sounds like not going in was good thinking!

Bah to the lot of you for the café. Dakar and I got to Easons alright, Darren, Rory, elven and rymus abandoned ship at the Botanic Gardens where we spent most of the time inside because it rained.

I hung around Easons until a quarter to four and then went shopping for crochet related items. I'm gonna download the photos and see if there was anything worth looking at from this morning.

• Advertisement

Thursday
    Meh, didn't know where or if anything was happening after the Bots.

Simple answer was basically "nothing". But I'm not complaining because it got me into town which is not a common occurrence lately and I bought a load of stuff I wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Friday
    I was wondering what was the story with yesterday. Myself and Pandora made it back up later than expected anyways so were just too tired to do anything except go home.

Just a question.
    After this event with mixed results, shall we discuss a date and a time of camera-free meet up? And if somebody wants to do photography before (or after), just keep it in separate thread.
    It would be nice to meet people.
    Suggestions on date and place are more than welcome.

How about Sunday 22nd Feb or 1st March? I'll bake in advance and bring treats, that ought to encourage others to turn up.

Bribery and corruption - always works. I may be in Frankfurt next weekend and the following weekend my employer owns me but will be around if that's the date chosen...

Advertisement