Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover-up in Limerick

Options
  • 26-01-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,
    I want to get chinese symbol that I have on my shoulder blade covered with something else. Just wondering if somebody could recommend somewhere in Limerick?

Also I'm not sure what would cover it so can I just call in and let the artist know what I like and dislike and let them design something?

Its been nearly 9 years since I got my last tattoo.

Any comments very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Danny Bullman is probably the best known tattooist in the Limerick area, being from Dublin I don't know the rest of the studios. My one piece of advice would be to at least have some idea of a style that you are leaning towards, whether that Japanese, New School, Old School, tribal, portrait or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Call to Dave M in foxes bow, upstairs above Destiny, i highly recommend him, great at free hand stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 apple100

I'm from cork myself but I have been getting some coverup work done of recent in all star tattoo in limerick. I'm in college there and was sent in by a friend to Ross nagle. He is truly gifted at what he does. I have seen his work on their myspace page and compared it to danny bullmans, Martinez guy etc and there is no comparisson. Their attitude in all star is very refreshing to see. Cool lads working up there.you should give Ross a shout. Think there is a waiting list but worth the wait I promise. In saying that I would go where you feel comfortable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Would you happen to have any connection to this artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

danny, uli and don does some heap of cover ups and yes ross and justin in all star could do it no prob and gavin also.

approx idea of size of cover up is 3 times the original tattoo in a lot of case to make it into something

some of the best covers i have seen have been all free hand, best to call to shop, with ideas of styles you like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mizz05

Thanks to all of yer for responses. I've been checking out websites and I've a few ideas so I'm going to call into one of the studios soon and get advice.

I don't mind going about 3 times the size of the tattoo I have. One of the reasons I want a cover-up is because I think what I have is too small for my shoulder blade.

I'll let ye know how I get on.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 amysdeadpeas

I'd advise All Star Ink, by far the best. Cleanist studio I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mouwt

David Martinez in foxes bow,

mouwt wrote: »
    David Martinez in foxes bow,

+ 1

also known as Loco Martinez and David M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maser

its cleen but avrage tattooing..like the la look they have going..really goen to smash it in limerick ..all thoes collage gals and guys..love that .bling bling feel..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

maser wrote: »
    its cleen but avrage tattooing..like the la look they have going..really goen to smash it in limerick ..all thoes collage gals and guys..love that .bling bling feel..

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maser

why cover it..what dose it say ?most be really bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

People get coverups for a multitude of reasons- not necessarily involving a bad tattoo. They might have gotten bored of the tattoo, they might want to use the space for something larger and better, it might not fit into their aesthetic any more. Either way it's their own business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I really can't tell if your being serious or a really really bad troll.
    All your posts have been negative

I really can't tell if your being serious or a really really bad troll.
    All your posts have been negative

Raze, you just read my mind ;) reads like a bad troll:mad:

Advertisement