Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Networks/ Phone unlocking?

• 26-01-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,
    I'm wondering is there a minimum amount of time after you purchase a phone that you can unlock it?
    For example, if I buy the LG Renior on PAYG with 3 tomorow am I able to walk out of the shop and get it unlocked to put a Meteor SIM in immediately or is there rules/ regulations involved?

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

for 3 to do it you have to spend i think 130 credit in a 6 month period. But you can most likely get it done in an unlocking shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As sam said its €130 topup, but remember it excludes inclusive Top-up, any monthly free credit, any mobile port-in credit, and need to pay a €27 administration charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

And getting it unlocked in a unlock shop shouldn't cost you more than €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Its ?130 in total not over a 6 month period. That can be from 1 week to 2 years. Sam your getting mixed up with 3pay upgrades. That is ?200 and a minimum of 6 months on the network.

Walkman wrote: »
    Its ?130 in total not over a 6 month period. That can be from 1 week to 2 years. Sam your getting mixed up with 3pay upgrades. That is ?200 and a minimum of 6 months on the network.

you're right i am. but cc told me it had to be in a 6 month window not just 6 months on the network. i've had my 3pay sim for 2 years and i've spent more than €200 and they told me i'm not entitled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Tell them walkman said they are wrong ;-)

Walkman wrote: »
    Tell them walkman said they are wrong ;-)

i refuse to believe you. i cannot accept that cc might have been wrong. can you imagine such a possibility :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

General unlocking queries in here please.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement