Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Flappy?

• 26-01-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Just dinged 80 on my Blood Elf lock and now need to get her a fast flying mount - mining on a 60% blue wind rider is no fun! What would people recommend as the quickest/cheapest way to get one? Her JC is about 440 but selling metas is not as profitable as I thought it would be, pay 42g for a skyflare, cut and sell chaotic for about 97g or so, but not huge demand and putting too many up only drives the price down. At the moment it takes hours to get a few stacks of saronite (& maybe a bit of titanium if I'm lucky), as every other miner is there before me - the best time is in the middle of the night but the demands of work mean I can only do that at the weekend! Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

dailies dailies dailies. Can clock up 300g a night easily if you're persistent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

reroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Grinding money for an epic mount is horrible due to all the people who already have one being faster than you.

I have 2 80s on different servers now. Unfortunately, my tailoring/mining mage, who was my main before WotLK, has an epic flyer, funded by doing the Quel'Danas dailies (about 14 quests consolidated into one area. doable in less than an hour), but now I hardly play him any more. My new main is a miner/engi and doesn't have an epic flyer, and by now I have given up trying to raise the funds for one as most of the money I earn through dailies goes towards pots/flasks needed for raiding, repair bills, and new enchants/gems for my ever-changing tanking set

There are those who have the patience to grind 5000g and those who don't. I did once have the patience, but not any more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This thread is not going to go into the hows, whys or whatever of buying gold, this is about farming or getting it legitimately. Strictly NO discussion of buying gold.

100's......of hours....do you kill 1 mob per hour.
    Simply questing from 70-80 nets you 2-3k gold depending on luck, doing dailies in icecrown = 400g per day thats not to mention selling frostweave, go solo some low level instances, some nice gold there and the drops sell for a bit when people are gearing up their professions.

Not to mention questing there is NO way you had all the zones done at 80, I still had storm peaks + icecrown at 80 to do. I did storm peaks the other day as I was a little short on gold for my shiney new valerous helm enchants (YEH ME) I netted about 1k gold in 1 1/2 hours in storm peaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

Thanks for the all the advice, still have tons of quests to do alright, still had a few left in grizzly when dinged so will give that a whirl - in between dailies, oracle rep etc ;)
    Also levelling an undead DK, and trying to put a bit of time into my alli chars who are lagging badly behind now even though the healadin is up to almost 72 from instance xp, no levelling at all since wotlk - healers seem to be at a premium on shadowsong and I get called out of hordeland every 2 or 3 days to heal. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

You'd save yourself alot of time just by buying the uncut gems (when they are a good price), and cutting them into anything that the margin is big on at the AH (that changes depending on your server and who else is at it). Some of the recipes require rep, but there's a few you can do while grinding it up. I quite often buy cut gems for like 130g, even though I can see the mats for like 80 because I cant be bothered finding someone to cut them. Once you do it a few days you'll quickly find which ones sell with the best margins. When the basic mats are cheap, buy in bulk and churn them out during the week. I have tailoring and enchanting and make a decent amount by just selling the stuff on the AH with no farming involved (disenchanting for enchant mats doesn't count!).

Leave the mining to the gold farmers and just craft (which only takes a few mins) at the start and end of your play time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

At the moment im trying to get every quest achievement in outland which is really getting me alot of money, i am at 2800g now, i still have alot of gold to make but still have quite a few quests left to complete, and dailies are a massive help too.

You should make a gold making char aswell, i made a hunter with herbalism and skinning so i can use him to make some money, altho i moved my main to a dif realm recently and dont have the money to move my hunt so he is useless for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

sunzz wrote: »
    I netted about 1k gold in 1 1/2 hours in storm peaks.
    thats bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

DRakE wrote: »
    thats bollocks.

Have to agree, while doing my quests in storm peaks at lvl cap, prob would take me about 5-6 hours of questing to get 1k gold. But getting it in 90 mins is impossible, especially with all the flying around you have to do WITHOUT your epic flying mount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

quests dont give much extra gold at 80 the way they did at 70.. without a couple of blue drops or an epic theres just no way you can make 1000g in an hour and a half

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunzz View Post
    I netted about 1k gold in 1 1/2 hours in storm peaks.
    thats bollocks.

How is there no way I make 1.5k gold in hour 1/2, there is no way its bollocks you try questing and farming herb + mining while at it, selling saronite ore + titanium ore etc see if it nets you gold.

Saronite ore and titanium ore sell for stupid prices on my server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have to say 1.5k in a hour does sound alot, but if you are herbing and mining i suppose it is possible, especially if you get some nice gems too.

On my realm titansteal bars are going for 120ish atm, saronite and cobalt for about 20g a stack :(

Only way for me to make money now is buying greens and de'ing them. Fecking RP realm, i would make more money farming bloodelf bandit masks :emoface:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So transfer - you're **** at RP anyway :p And then I can make more money when you leave :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i'm currently trying to get the mechanohog :( 12.5k gold needed roughly.. thats taking its time :( especially while raiding 5 nights a week... but it'l be worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'd just go around doing every daily you can find, I find it handy enough making money by just doing a few dailys and mining as I go, gatherer or some other similar add on which records mines would be a good idea to maximize ore per flying time.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

Thanks for all the tips, did quests and dailies and bought the epic wind rider on saturday. Also got revered with Oracles, nearly finished sons of hodir quest chain and working on wrymrest rep too. Hoping my mysterious egg might drop the drake - if not, the red drake from wrymrest will have to do! Cleared naxx on sunday too for the first time, have 4/5 tier 7 warlock set, just need the shoulders - oooh they are lovely! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Your doing well for yourself :)

I was slacking of wow for ages with work etc, but dinged 80 last night and am loving it, so excited to get stuck into raiding.

Humming and haughing about wether to tank or dps, although on the subject of money.

I spent 3k roughly at 77 for riding skill, wingsteed mount and some skills etc

last night I was at 2k gold. I still have ice crown and 2 other places to quest, along with other quests from other zones, and have not even started raiding or touched dailies. So I think I'll get my gold soon enough.

Dieing to get some T7 going on though, literally after i dinged got invited to WGrasp, steam rolled it in 7 minutes, went into the boss fight and 4 T7 items dropped, none for dk :(

Advertisement