Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Nokia N73

• 26-01-2009 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

DH has an N73 and today it won't let him open any messages, it keeps saying memory full, delete data and not enough memory to receive data, delete some data first. He can't send anything either. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my first idea would be that he should delete some data maybe?

you're probably thinking he has loads of memory on the memory card but the phone is set to use the phone memory for messages, not the memory card. so he should go into messaging-options-settings-other-memory in use

and change it to the memory card. it'll offer to copy them to the memory card. do that if he has enough memory free and when it asks, tell it not to keep the originals

• Registered Users Posts: 41 APMom

Thanks Sam but when I tried to move the messages it told me it couldn't. The message icon is flashing all the time in the top right hand corner. We can't bring it to a shop here as it was bought from Orange in the UK but came unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you could bring it to mprc in sandyford for free but you shouldn't have to. (www.mprc.ie)

what memory was it set to use for the messages, phone or memory card?

and did it give a reason why it couldn't do it or did it just say "failed" or something like that?

is there any reason you can't go into the gallery and delete a load of photos and videos? the messages aren't stored in a separate memory of their own, it's all shared

and would you be completely against the idea of doing a factory reset on the phone, completely wiping everything?

Advertisement