Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions-Who should Fedors next 3 opponents be and when? (ideally)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Most fighters who have studied Arlovski would have seen it coming as the flying knee is something of a signature move for him. The punch however is not an ability shared by most fighters

Your just nitpicking here..

My point was that in conjunction with identifying the set up, Fedor threw the perfect counter punch..Id harldy say the flying knee is Arloski's signature move either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

cagefan wrote: »
    Sorry but I disagree, Arloski made a mistake and got caught, anyone could have thrown that punch and knocked Arloski out it had nothing to do with how great fedor is...until that point it was all Arloski,

The young lad speaks the truth, get off the fedor bandwagon, he did not even know he hit Arlovski and arlovski has no chin, many mma fighters could of taken that punch without even flinching.

Fedor is great but he was getting bet down if arlovski had a chin.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

If my aunt had balls she be my uncle - at the very least that punch from Fedor knocks a dude back - when that happens Fedor is all over you like a rash takes you to the ground and taps you out like a bitch.

T-K-O wrote: »
    If my aunt had balls she be my uncle - at the very least that punch from Fedor knocks a dude back - when that happens Fedor is all over you like a rash takes you to the ground and taps you out like a bitch.

You robbed my saying,

knocking a guy back is fair enough but if he keeps dominating like arlovski was its only a matter of time before fedor gets knocked out-obviously the fight was not guaranteed either way at that stage but fedor landed a sloppy punch against a man who drops every time he gets clipped on the chin-either way you put it, this is how it went down.

Fedor i like, but the mythic nature to him is an illusion i dont like. His buster douglas will get him, its only a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

cowzerp wrote: »
    You robbed my saying,

knocking a guy back is fair enough but if he keeps dominating like arlovski was its only a matter of time before fedor gets knocked out-obviously the fight was not guaranteed either way at that stage but fedor landed a sloppy punch against a man who drops every time he gets clipped on the chin-either way you put it, this is how it went down.

Fedor i like, but the mythic nature to him is an illusion i dont like. His buster douglas will get him, its only a matter of time.

How was the punch sloppy? Fedor threw a overhand right that landed inch perfect on Arloski's chin.

How was the punch sloppy? Fedor threw a overhand right that landed inch perfect on Arloski's chin.

He just swung and hoped for the best, he did not even know he landed the punch!

its a valid ko but its not like as if he planned it. if you believe he did not just swing and see what happened then thats your opinion, i beg to differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

For me Barnett is the most likely to beat Fedor at the moment. He is excellent on the ground and has a very big size advantage. Size can't be taken out of the equation, as a fighter with limited ground skills but a lot of bulk (mark hunt) put fedor in a very dangerous position in their fight (I think he was going for a kimura from side control?) based solely on his size causing trouble for fedor. Barnett would have size and top-class grappling skills along with relatively good stand-up.

I still think randy would match up well against fedor due to his strength in the clinch. He would have the ability to put fedor on his back like mark coleman did in the first fedor fight while having much better sub defence than coleman.

Overeem, I think would have a terrible time against fedor. Yes, he is big and has great striking, but his poor ground skills would lead to a fedor victory by sub, I would think.

Lesnar, who knows? My thinking would be that he'd be subbed pretty handily but he seems to be a freakish athlete and is improving by the day so maybe he'd be able to overwhelm fedor. I doubt it though.

Arlovski was having the better of the stand-up the other night but I reckon that if Fedor had been close to being rocked at any stage he would have been able to secure a takedown and take control of the fight after getting his bearings. While i'd like to see a re-match due to the flash nature of the finish, I don't think he has a better chance of beating fedor than barnett or randy.

So in an ideal world I guess I'd like to see Fedor/barnett, followed by fedor/couture if fedor beat barnett and randy beat nogueira (neither of which are sure-things imo). If Fedor was victorious in both these fights and Arlovski had put together a couple of good wins I'd give him next shot.

I don't know where Lesnar fits into all this as I still consider him an unknown quantity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Dont feed the troll

Advertisement