Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol prices in Donegal

• 26-01-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Why have petrol prices shot up in County Donegal?

Driving through the county today, petrol seemed to be 98.9c per litre everywhere while diesel's price varied. This is much higher than Sligo Town where you can still buy petrol for 91.9c per litre.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its that price alright in a lot of places although I normally get mine in a wee place called St. Johnston which was 94c/litre I think last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭cormthechippy

I'm a diesel man so... got some juice in Kilmacrennan earlier and twas 91.9c a litre. Left Dublin last night and the cheapest around was about 96.9 with unleaded up at 100.9 per litre. Last Saturday, I was out in Bunbeg and diesel was 86.9c. Defo the cheapest I've seen it in my driving history!

There is certainly a substantial difference in the prices and you dont even have to drive too far either to find that. And then you have the petrol retailers claiming that they dont even have 5 cents/litre profit. Who do they think they are kidding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Drove up to Derry today.
    Taken aback to see petrol is now over €1 in Laghy, Ballybofey, Letterkenny, then drops a little.
    Other counties to follow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Essexboy wrote: »
    Drove up to Derry today.
    Taken aback to see petrol is now over €1 in Laghy, Ballybofey, Letterkenny, then drops a little.
    Other counties to follow?
    They would be priced to counter the prices in Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Filled up today in Tinneys in Letterkenny €1, everywhere else was €1.02/1.03.
    Oil prices went up last week after OPEC cut production, but it has since went down to around the $41 mark. I'd say retails and oil companies will want to keep it around the €1 and no lower.
    p.s. BP announced today their profits were up 39% for 2008, cant remember how many billion more.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donegalboy

Be wary of the cheap diesel... forecourt in Letterkenny raided on Thursday night for sellng the dodgy stuff!

Got petrol yesterday for 102.9 :D.

Admittedly it was with the 10c/litre discount from Supervalue in Ballybofey which I used at Dunnions filling station.

Advertisement