Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod repairs, Anywhere?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

I bought a present of a Nano iPod for someone at Xmas and one week later it landed down the loo!!!!Unfortunaterly I threw out the receipt and can't send it back without the receipt. Does anyone know is there anywhere around the country where it could be fixed at a reasonable price? Funds are a bit low at the moment. Would appreciate any help phone numbers etc. Cheersfrown.gif
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

theres a place in ballycoolin industrial estate, beside the national aqautic centre called mcatac or something, try those, appartently very good
    hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Would the item not have a serial for warranty, can you send stuff to Apple under that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Water Damage might not be fixable. If you got insuraance on it I would use it. But Apple dont fix water damaged Ipods so I would imagine everywhere is the same. Most electronic goods hit by water damage are unrepairable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This site might suit you Op

http://www.ipodrepairs.ie

Its a young chap that set up the business last year after he broke his.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Water Damage might not be fixable. If you got insuraance on it I would use it. But Apple dont fix water damaged Ipods so I would imagine everywhere is the same. Most electronic goods hit by water damage are unrepairable.

+1
    The cost of fixing a water-damaged iPod wouldn't be worth it unless you have insurance on the unit. Chalk it up to experience and buy a new one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Might be the wrong area for the OP, but i've used a company in Galway called Screenway. Reasonable and fast, and they don't have to sent them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cat&mouse

Hi guys
    Thanks ever so much for your help. I have contacted all those suggested above and hope some good will come. However as you said water could be the problem and I don't have a wsarrenty. So much for rushing buying those things at christmas....I'll let you know any results
    Cheers & thanks again

Advertisement