Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone doing religion for the leaving?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

i'm doing religion outside school and there's only 8 of us. havn't heard of anyone else doing it. anyone got any ideas on what i should focus on????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

it's an unbelievably hard subject to do. i thought it would be fine because i loved it at junior cert level. but i never realised how much your expected to know.... like philosophers and their theories. you need to go really in depth to christianity which gets way to boring. i'd still do it though if i had the choice again but it definately has the most learning out of all my subjects and you need to be deep thinking to write good answers. the journal is awful to write on aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

i was thinking of doing religion for the lc....but i was woundering is it hard ???. Ended up dismissing the chose of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Yeah I'm doing it in school. It's the second year my school has done, so at least my teacher knows what she's doing! There's no way to predict what's coming up because it's so new, they can ask anything on any little part of the course. The only thing I'd say is that they probably won't ask anything that's already come up- there's to much choice. I'm going demented with Religion atm, it's so hard!

Yeah I'm doing it in school. It's the second year my school has done, so at least my teacher knows what she's doing! There's no way to predict what's coming up because it's so new, they can ask anything on any little part of the course. The only thing I'd say is that they probably won't ask anything that's already come up- there's to much choice. I'm going demented with Religion atm, it's so hard!

last year the paper was really similar to what was on the pre.
    i think even some of the questions where the exact same! hope it's the same this year!:) what is your journal work on???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

ya im doing it and it think its a great subject if you have a interest, ialso if your doing history you can kill 2 birds with the 1 stone for the special topic :D

• Advertisement

The justice and peace one. We're doing Buddhism. Everyone in my class picked the same thing, that way we could get in a speaker and stuff.

Yeah, hopefully. I know that's what I'll be concentrating on anyway- it's so hard to focus on anything when you know that any random question can come up!

yeah i know and it's such a broad course. we're doing the religious organisation one that aims to follow the founders view with relation to the gospels. i have barely started mine and the rest in my class are done:S i really should finish it... do you know when the deadline is?

I think the deadline is sometime in April... Aren't you doing drafts of it? We had to do three- at least!

strongr, I totally tried it- and ended up having to redo my history project 3 times! Thomas Aquinas apparently isn't "history" enough :P.

yeah we do have to do drafts of it. the others have done 2 or 3 by now. but i always make up excuses!!!!! really have to stop but it's so hard to concentrate on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I think the deadline is sometime in April... Aren't you doing drafts of it? We had to do three- at least!

strongr, I totally tried it- and ended up having to redo my history project 3 times! Thomas Aquinas apparently isn't "history" enough :P.

im doing the reformation myself for both of them, works fairly nicely :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement