Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK o2 iphone with Ireland o2 sim?

• 26-01-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been asked before (this is NOT an unlocking question)

I am not eligible for an upgrade to iphone for 6 months in my current contract. They told me i could however change to an iphone tariff if i had an iphone (purchased elsewhere). Now as you know i need a mortgage to buy a speakeasy one from o2 ireland but i can pick up one far cheaper in the UK. It'll be locked to o2 uk... Will this work with my Irish o2 Sim?

I wouldn't ask normally HOWEVER i have purchased two blackberry devices locked to o2 UK before and they worked perfectly over here but i just need to know if the iphone locking is different. Has anyone else done this?

Appreciate the advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 UK and O2 IE are not the same networks. O2 IE SIM cannot be used in UK phone and vice versa.

You can however unlock the iPhone. Have a quick search of the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement