Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Cable and headset for Chinese mobile

• 26-01-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

Just before Xmas I bought one of those TV mobile phones from Hong Kong.

Despite being one of the coolest gadgets on the planet, the USB cable and head-set were very generic, poorly-constructed and fell apart in a few weeks.

Does anyone know anywhere around Dublin that might have a cable that would suit? I've been around a few small shops but no luck and was thinking of going around some the places around Camden & Wicklow street.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do you have a model number or anything?

Was it a standard USB cable do you know? Something like these?
    usb_mini.jpg

As for the headphones .. were they like your standard ipod / laptop headphones? Or did they appear smaller? Was it a special adapter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

No Random, it's not a standard mini-USB connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No Random, it's not a standard mini-USB connection.
    Maybe I've missed something but you're gonna have to give us a little more info then about the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i think my gf has the connection you need, will take a pic next time i'm in her house for the boardies :P
    so , prob wednesday,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it this usb?
    micro_usb_male.jpg

Its 'micro' rather than 'mini'. Nokia use it now on newer models. If so you can buy it here:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6764 €3.50 delivered.

Mini V Mirco
    2389173092_956c0c5e75.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement