Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Accomadation in Ring.

• 26-01-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys - I have to organise a trip for a group of people for a weekend in Ring for around April. I'd imagine it would be 10+ people, but could be 20.. It's hard to gauge at the moment. I know large houses (10 bedrooms ish) are rented there to students, but it's hard to find any contact details online or prices. All I have found is holiday homes that cater for only 5 people max.

If anybody could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Hi dlofnep,
    I'm not sure if there are any 10 bedroom houses around. The people that take students during the summer tend to squeeze them into rooms in their house.
    Also I doubt if many of these are open to taking in guests year-round. I spoke to a friend who takes students, but she has a busy april coming up, but she said she will ask around.
    Other than that, like you said, a holiday home that big might be hard to come by. There are plenty of B&Bs, but ye would probably be split up. There's accomodation in the college, whether they would be interested is another question - you could give them a ring and see.
    Is this for a stag? There's not a hell of a lot to do in Ring, outside of the pubs. How about looking for accommodation in Dungarvan? You could easily organise a mini-bus/taxis in and out to Ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No, it's for a gaeltacht excursion, so I'd rather be situated within ring itself. I guess I may have to go with the holiday homes I've seen online. B&B's would be far too expensive unfortunately..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What rate are you talking about? B&Bs shouldnt cost much at this time of the year. Also, for bulk you should negotiate a discount. I cant see them refusing business as its not exactly a busy time of the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

dlofnep wrote: »
    No, it's for a gaeltacht excursion, so I'd rather be situated within ring itself.

The college might look more favourable on that; it would surely be worth giving them a ring. I know they have a house for teachers, as well as dorms for the students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Will give them a call and check. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Hi OP,

Don't know if you had any luck in finding a place yet ?

We operate a B&B in Ring. It's very central as it's directly opposite Mooneys Pub.

http://ringbedandbreakfast.ie

You can PM me if you need more info.

Joe

Advertisement