Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Gear

• 26-01-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I have searched back through old posts and the closest I found was about a shop closing in Dublin, so if this has already being asked, please dont flame. I did look.

So Im wondering about shops that sell martials arts gear. I know off 1 in Dundalk called Marli's, I believe Marli's has a second shop in Drogheda aswell.

In Dublin I know one shop which (to date is the best I have being in), its on a corner (called Mary St. I think), go to the GPO, go down Henry St. and keep walking straight for about 10 minutes and its there on the left.

Like I said I found a post about a shop closing in Moore St, but that was some 5 pages back, so Im going to assume its already gone, or its not worth visiting for lack of stock.

So with the exception of those can anybody tell me off any other shops (preferably between Dublin & Dundalk) that are worth visting?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Ryanzo

The one on Mary St is fairly basic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I think there's a place down by d custom house. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

what kind of gear are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Damo1174

@ginoginelli: I'm going to Dublin next week to buy stuff, I will be sure to have a look for that shop.

@ Ryanzo: It might be basic, but its still the best one I have being in - although Im planning on changing that next week, with a little bit of help from boards.ie

@ nothingcompares: To be honest really, I'm looking for somewhere that has a decent selection of weapons. At the moment (dont mean to sound big headed or whatever) I'm pretty good at nunchaku, butterfly swords and sai's. I tried the 3 sectional but it's not for me. Im looking to expand my horizons and the emei needle is looking fairly attractive, along with the meteor hammer, or even a fan for my GF..

Also if you knew somewhere/someone selling hook swords that would be great. Though I havnt a clue where the law stands with hook swords but anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Damo1174 wrote: »
    @ginoginelli: I'm going to Dublin next week to buy stuff, I will be sure to have a look for that shop.

Dont bother dude. I was just being an eejit and poking fun at your title, as all the junkies sell their "GEAR" down by the custom house!!

Dont go near the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

mate was in town today, picked up some gloves from the place on mary street fairly small apparently and they gave him the wrong size gloves, his fault for not trying them on.

Threads title had me WTF'ing XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

There is one on Camden street. Sort of in the middle opposite the Palace. I haven't been in there but seen it passing by. It looks fairly decent so I'd recommend a look in there perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Just buy from Fightlord (www.fightlord.ie)

Theyll have everything you need (except the swords and Gear!!) and they accept Laser. They will also be cheaper than any land based shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Damo1174

It seems the title is causin a bit of confusion. To be honest it never even crossed my mind that people might think I was talking about something else. The place I come from is very tame when it comes to drugs, I think the hardest most of them do is e pills but anyway..

I appreciate all the advice everyone, but I think I might just do what Killme00 said and stick with online... some shop prices I have being looking at are bit steep compared to having it shipped directly from America.

Anyway just as a side thought, I think maybe you people should get together and try and make out a list of places where people can buy "gear" in Ireland and maybe give each shop a quick review -I'm sure it would be a handy reference to have.

But thanks for all your help & suggestions, much appreciated.

Advertisement