Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promote, Remove & Comment in Google search

Options
  • 26-01-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Apologies if this was posted before - I did a quick search but I can't see anything. Merge/move etc if required.

I was doing a google search just now and noticed that 2 buttons now appear beside each search result. "Promote" and "Remove", it appears this is linked to your google account and only affects your search results.

I didn't notice this when they first appeared (November it seems) as I have AVG with linkscanner enabled, so it always put icons (which I usually ignore :rolleyes:) beside the search result giving security information.

There is also an option to add a page that should be listed when you search for a particular term and another to comment on the result.

What are your thoughts? Anyone using the feature? How anonymous is your data?

/T
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I would use the feature and contribute if it were a global thing and not restricted to my account.
    It makes sense to me that if the majority of searchers promoted an item, then it should be promoted for everyone. Not doing this seems senseless to me. What's the point in promoting something. If it was hard to find on Google, I'll bookmark it. If it wasn't hard to find, why go through the bother of promoting it? I can find it easily again.

Advertisement