Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best options now

Options
  • 26-01-2009 10:29pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have ended up in Finance after getting a degree in Information Systems. I did a couple of years in IT support but a previous employer gave me a gentle push (felt a bit pressured to take the role in Finance).

I really want to get back into the IT sector but what would be my best options now? MSCA or MSCE or would I be better off going down a different route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Depends on what you want to do, is it support, infrastructure, database or programming. Honestly you might find yourself starting on the bottom rung again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I think going down the Database route is where I would like to go. There is a lot of different Microsoft courses on offer but what would the best option for a beginner be?

Advertisement