Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Express Auto crash repairs

Options
  • 26-01-2009 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever used this company to do a crash repair ? I have been asked to bring my car there by a guy who crashed into me and I am trying to find out if they are any good.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

db wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used this company to do a crash repair ? I have been asked to bring my car there by a guy who crashed into me and I am trying to find out if they are any good.
    Thanks.

First off. Do not bring a car to a garage somebody recommends.

I have never heard of this garage.

Is the insurance companies involved? If so speak to the assessor and see what he thinks. Keep it all above board, you never know the guy might know these people and could do a cheap botch job on your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Berty wrote: »
    First off. Do not bring a car to a garage somebody recommends.

I have never heard of this garage.

Is the insurance companies involved? If so speak to the assessor and see what he thinks. Keep it all above board, you never know the guy might know these people and could do a cheap botch job on your car.

You may also find that the insurance company will have preferred repair places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

Thanks for the responses. The main crash repair companies the insurance companies use in Limerick are Limerick Auto Crash and Clareview Motors. I've used both before and both do an excellent job but they also charge insurance company rates.

I said I'd give this guy the opportunity to find a cheaper place to get it done so long as they are a decent outfit. I'll drop in and let them have a look at the car and I'll see what their setup is like while I'm in there. I was hoping that someone might have used them and be able to give me an opinion of what they are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

db wrote: »
    Thanks.

You bring the car to be repaird where you want a satisfactory job done not where he recommends. He crashed into you remember, I'm not saying you take advantage of the situation or the guy but you are entitled to have your car put back in the same condition it was before the accident. If you got work done in a place that you were happy with then it makes sense to go back there.

By all means get a quote from the place but don't feel obliged to get it done there. If he has an issue with this then let your insurance company handle it.

Advertisement