Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush in Trinity College

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hello, There is a tree/bush located on the grounds of Trinity as you come from Nassau Street entrance into the green area in front of the book kells building. The Tree/bush is located in the far right corner as you stand on the ramp looking across the green from the arts block.
    The square is know as the Fellows Square and the bush s located in the corner of Berkeley and Lecky Library.
    http://www.tcd.ie/Maps/map.php
    The plant is dark brown bark with pinky white flowers blossoming with more on the way. It gives off a very strong sweet fragrance. I was wondering what kind of blossom tree was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Couldn't make out the photo, but I wonder if it's a variety of Viburnum Bodnatense?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

I am not familiar with the area jetpropellednun. But I will take an educated guess.
    From the flower colour and scent I reckon it could be a Mt. Fuji flowering cherry tree (Prunus Serrulata 'Shirotae').
    There is a fine example of one displayed in this post...... My favorite single tree to prune: ever. A Mt. Fuji cherry.
    It is a bit early for it to be blooming, but that can be brought forward by many factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

There is a list of the staff who care for TCDs gardens here. Drop them a line - I'm sure they would be delighted to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jetpropellednun

viburnum.jpg
    Viburnum X botnantense - A free-flowering shrub with fragrant flowers. This definitley the one. Thank you all for finding it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Do I win a prize?:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement