Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke (the drink) and how its taste has changed

• 26-01-2009 11:22pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As a coca-cola addict, I'm a little upset at how its taste has changed so much over the last numbers of months. From what I understand, production has moved to another facility in the North, and this is why we are now getting different cans with different tasting coke inside. It may as well be Dunnes cola compared to the original flavour, and I was just wondering if anybody else noticed the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

didnt notice a difference with the NI labels,however,have ya ever tasted the stuff with the foreign labels? total rank...hate the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

You're absolutely right - real Coke is being killed. Anytime they change the flavour it's only because it's cheaper to make. They don't care about quality. American Coke is a joke too.

The same thing happened with Coco Pops - they used to actually taste good, of real chocolate, now they may as well be plastic. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i havent really noticed tbh, i only usually buy 2litre bottles of coke tho. id agree with coco pops........they went downhill bigtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

I have to agree with the OP the taste is getting worse here. Was in London last week and there was a difference in the taste between the Coke over there. It was a lot better.

I have found myself drinking Pepsi in preference to Coke lately. It is cheaper and it is hard to resist that 50% EXTRA 750ml bottle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I actually tried Pepsi the other day to see how it compared. I felt dirty afterwards, doing the dirt on my loving Coke. I'll be trying Aldi Cola next :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

used to be a Cokeaholic.. but had to give it up because of the new taste!

Also, did anyone else notice in January how all of the small bottles of coke had 'best before January' on them?? they tasted even more pooy, they were obviously stored in some hot room for a month or two

its like they refused to restock the shevles until all the old stock was sold :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

I only like it from cans, i think it never tastes as good from a large or 500ml bottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,446 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

alot of the retailers get the german coke these days

they make big profits on that stuff

Advertisement