Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Editing workflow

Options
  • 26-01-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    anyone editing in HD? If so what kind of work flow are you using/would you recommend?
    Cheers,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

reece wrote: »
    Hi,
    anyone editing in HD? If so what kind of work flow are you using/would you recommend?
    Cheers,
    Rob

Hi Reece

Got any further info on the flavour of HD? (HDV, 720p, 1080i/p ?), your platform, (PC, Mac), editing software?

In my case, I shoot on XDCAM EX (Ex1) and HDV (Sony A1E). I take the EX footage directly from the SxS card using Sony ClipBrowser and copy to two seperate hard drives before wiping the card and importing to Final Cut Pro via log & capture. HDV logged and imorted via log & capture as well.

I used AppleProRes HQ codec for both formats and edit in Final Cut. Export to SD via compressor. Use FCP media Manager to consolidate the edit and archive to optical dic or hard drive as appropriate.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

yep - should of mentioned it - working on a pc - looking to shot in 1080i , working with premiere pro cs3 suite. Have heard cineform aspect mentioned as a possible workflow but could do with some advise before splashing the cash, credit crunch N'all

Advertisement