Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sewer waste and electricity

• 26-01-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

i have recently done self build on a shed and i now wanna organise gettin water and electricity to the shed, where would be the best place to link the water to the shed be from the kitchen or side bathroom i dont want any pipes seen but i never done this type of thing before. and i also wanna bury the electric cable for the shed so should i put it inside some wavin pipe and how far should i dig down under ground for cable to go, also the side of my house is dry dashed so should i chase the cable into the wall or run it up the wall so to link it to my fuse board. Finally i wanna put a toilet in the shed and i wanna link the drainage from the gutters to the same run off as the toilet if possible but wat way do u measure out to now where to put ur pipe for toilet, providing there is enough of a fall from the aj at my side entrance to the house do i dig down the same level as the bottom of the aj or higher, any replies would be greatful and i know its difficult to answer questions on places u havent seen
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Connect water in 3/4 inch poly pipe, insulate it in armaflex and bury as deep as possible to stop it freezing - usually 2 - 3 ft.

Connect armoured electric cable, in 2 inch red ducting to shed - seek advice of Electrian!

Assuming you are on a mains sewer connect new toilet via 4 inch wavin sewer pipe to existing Manhole or Access Junction. Depth to achieve gentle fall.

Connect rain-water and surface water to Surface Water Sewer - do not mix surface water with foul sewerage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What wall construction has the house an shed got?
    Have you paths poured around the shed?
    You should have stuck in the esb duct and water pipe at foundation stage, it would have been easier.
    Depending on your circumstances, it might be possible to connect to water supply at the footpath outside the house.
    The ESB connection will have to go to your trip switches location. Run the cable in the wall cavity if possible. Use armoured cable as RKQ says in a red duct. You should run warning tape over the esb duct when backfilling the trench so that any future digging wont accidentally hit it.
    You will need to get the water and esb duct into the shed at a level lower than finished path/ground outside the shed.

Is the ground level with or higher or lower at the shed compared to the ground level at the AJ you intend connecting into?
    Seeing as you havent got a toilet pipe cast into foundation(I assume), just core straight out through the wall at toilet location, this can then be connected into soil & vent pipe and looks just as well. Fit an AJ in the path nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tobinj6

i have 5x2 cable, the walls of the shed are cavity now if i bury the cable under the ground can i not bring the cable in at a higher level and i will have someone coming down to have a look at the aj as i havent a clue about ground level and all that unfortunately. i did manage to leave a pipe in the ground for the toilet but it only goes to outside of shed i still have to link it up and run it to aj. now finally if i wanna put paving slabs out my back garden would i be better doing them all now whilst i have to dig the garden or at a later stage. also do i need to concrete all the back garden to do this type of job. can anyone recommend a good paver and type of price they would be lookin for to do bout 35m2 of paving slabs in garden also last query should i run water piping cable piping and toilet piping all close to each other to prevent digging to much or do them all in different areas .
    thanks

Advertisement