Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue with soccer forum mod

Options
  • 27-01-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

Few weeks i recieved ago i recieved a "warning" for calling ronaldo a poofball. Now is it just me or do i see players been called things (alot worse mostly) daily on the forum and no action is taken?

Now i appear to be banned for 1 day from that forum, no idea why. Reason in PM is "you were warned", the warning is already expired?

Im finding it almost impossible how such a power hungry mod is still a moderater on that forum

Not trying to make trouble as i find the site an excellent resource but she is really taking the biscuit. Im not the only one complaining about her either as your well aware...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Thread rules were laid out by Thanx 4 The Fish
    There are a few rules that we will put in place and they are to ensure that there is no stupidity, flaming, name calling or anything else that we have seen recently.

You can only nominate yourself.
    If you do not wish to be a mod of soccer, do not post in this thread. If you post with anything other than your reasons you will be banned for 24 hours without infraction.
    There is to be no thanks in this thread by anybody. This will be considered the same as a post and will be treated accordingly.
    Anybody wishing to state their reasons to be a mod can only post once in this thread, if you post a second time then your second post will be deleted and you will be banned for 24 hours without infraction.
    You cannot edit your post once somebody else has posted.

After people had problems with understanding this I posted this
    GuanYin wrote:
    We're watching the thread. We'll discuss this with the Admins and make a decision over the next week or so.

We won't be answering questions or corresponding until after this thread is closed.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS!

You only have one post. We're serious. We WILL ban for a second post or a thanking of posts.

You thanked that post, you got banned. What part is confusing you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The fact that you told me i was the first to be banned even tho the 1st reply on that thread had several thanks laid down and has been sitting there for several days

Secondly the fact i got a warning for calling Ronaldo a poofball yet everyone can call robbie keane(and about 10000000 other players) a useless cnut and no action is taken

Does that answer your question?

and btw ronaldo IS a poofball (c) Eamon Dunphy , if he can say it live on RTE i believe im entitled to my opinion !

Please show me where I said you were the 1st to be banned or even show that you were the first ?

If you can show this, I will unban you straight away.

do i have permission to post your PM then?

nuxxx wrote: »
    do i have permission to post your PM then?

if its says you were the first banned, sure.

• Advertisement

Re: Banned from Soccer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nuxxx
    did all the people who thanked the first post get bans too??

Yes they will.

___________________________________________________________________________________

That to me implies im the first to be banned. You can dress it up whatever way you like. Will is future tence, im pretty sure they teach the tences in american schools ;)

Btw if im definately wrong 100% you should reply to some of the other threads about yourself, it makes interesting reading!
    Dont want to be wasting your time!

That to me implies im the first to be banned. You can dress it up whatever way you like. Will is future tence, im pretty sure they teach the tences in american schools ;)

It implies you weren't/won't be the last banned, but it certainly doesn't necessarily imply that you were first, which you weren't.

An SMOD can confirm this, so I'm sorry, you don't win the unbanning prize today.

Shame, i guess your day is complete now. I`ll ask a smod but tbh the reason im being objective is for the original warning which you never want to seem to explain. Also if Xavi or someone had done it i wouldnt have responded as he is a somewhat likeable person and a decent (FOOTBALL INTERESTED) Mod. You come across as an extremly unlikeable character.

How is calling a ronaldo a poofball different to calling r.keane a cnut. WELL NEVERMIND!

Now run along , plenty of more threads with your name being mentioned in them.:pac:

p.s feel free to remove my access from soccer. Danke schon

I'm glad we resolved things to your satisfaction.

Typical Smirk, fantastic way for a moderator under fire from so many to react. Things will catch up on you if you carry that type of attitude around with you.

And btw you shouldnt use "WE", you should Speak for yourself as you seem to think your some of hero around these parts. Also "Will" IS future tense.

Dont forget to remove my soccer forum access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Are you complaining because you got banned for a day or because you reckon other people are doing things that aren't getting them banned when they should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You have an issue with a mod and you are the one calling people poofballs? You have an issue, you shouldn't be talking like that on boards.

What is it with soccer that makes you lot swear and jibe like 14 year old boys?

hello gordon, im not sure if your aware but ronaldo is a soccer player, it wasnt a user i called a poofball

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cheers Gordon for giving me the opportunity to reply.
    Few weeks i recieved ago i recieved a "warning" for calling ronaldo a poofball. Now is it just me or do i see players been called things (alot worse mostly) daily on the forum and no action is taken?

Is it just you because if anyone does that they get infracted/banned just like you did as it's against the charter.

If you see such instances where action hasn't been taken then why not simply report the post? It is possible that we miss the odd thing.
    Now i appear to be banned for 1 day from that forum, no idea why. Reason in PM is "you were warned", the warning is already expired?

Im finding it almost impossible how such a power hungry mod is still a moderater on that forum

It's nothing to do with a 'power hungry mod'. The rules in that particular thread said there was to be no thanking of posts. You thanked the post. Pretty open and shut to be fair.
    Not trying to make trouble as i find the site an excellent resource but she is really taking the biscuit. Im not the only one complaining about her either as your well aware...

But you really have no reason to complain about her in this instance. I would have banned you as well as you broke a very clear rule.
    The fact that you told me i was the first to be banned even tho the 1st reply on that thread had several thanks laid down and has been sitting there for several days

Everyone else has been dealt with. Just because we don't get to it straight away doesn't mean it won't get sorted
    Secondly the fact i got a warning for calling Ronaldo a poofball yet everyone can call robbie keane(and about 10000000 other players) a useless cnut and no action is taken

Does that answer your question?

Show me a post where someone has called Keane a 'cnut' and hasn't been punished for it.

People may call him useless but that's not an infringement of the charter.
    and btw ronaldo IS a poofball (c) Eamon Dunphy , if he can say it live on RTE i believe im entitled to my opinion !

So if Eamo said it then it must be true.

Ronaldo most certainly isn't a 'poofball' considering some of the women he's been with so your comment is in fact slander as well as a breach of the charter.
    Also if Xavi or someone had done it i wouldnt have responded as he is a somewhat likeable person and a decent (FOOTBALL INTERESTED) Mod. You come across as an extremly unlikeable character.

Questioning GY's interest in football is laughable. I guarantee she knows more about football than 90% of the people posting in that forum.
    How is calling a ronaldo a poofball different to calling r.keane a cnut. WELL NEVERMIND!

It's not different, nor has it ever been treated that way.

Again, if you can provide instances where it has been then please show them.
    hello gordon, im not sure if your aware but ronaldo is a soccer player, it wasnt a user i called a poofball

Calling a player a name is against the charter.

In summary, I really think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. You made the mistake by thanking the post, not any of the mods.

Just think about that and hopefully come back to the forum and forget about the whole thing.

xavi i got a warning for calling ronaldo a poofball

now u counter argue

if so please explain the following post from you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58797166&postcount=73

thank you.

xavi i got a warning for calling ronaldo a poofball

now u counter argue

if so please explain the following post from you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58797166&postcount=73

thank you.

The charter explains it clearly here

i am just gona simply laugh at your responce "haha"

thank you for sending me to bed with a smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i am just gona simply laugh at your responce "haha"

thank you for sending me to bed with a smile on my face.

Why? Can you not understand the fundamental difference?

Gutierrez isn't a git, but he acted like one for elbowing SWP.

Advertisement