Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off road running around Waterford?

• 27-01-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Anyone know of any good off road running courses near Waterford. I'm talking a few miles? I already know the sandhills in Tramore and the woods in Portlaw....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Might not be exactly what you're after but if you got a day the model train isnt running you could follow the train tracks in kilmeaden out towards the Dungarvan direction ? I believe they go on for a couple mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

c - 13 wrote: »
    Might not be exactly what you're after but if you got a day the model train isnt running you could follow the train tracks in kilmeaden out towards the Dungarvan direction ? I believe they go on for a couple mile.
    Thats great thinking. Never thought about that.
    I cant think of the name of the place I was gonna say. Its wrecking me bulb all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Don't forget the old tracks out by the Red Iron, though I'm not sure if the building of the new bridge is after upsetting that route much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The Minaun out at Faithleg was a spot you'd see a few folks running. It's been awhile since I was there so can't comment on how things look these days

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

And those runs along the railway tracks, is it not awkward running on the sleepers or is there sufficient space either side of the track to run?

And oh yeah, I forgot about the Minaun.....

Thanks folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Nah there should be plenty of space to the side of the one in kilmeaden anyway. Its gravel to either side IIRC.

Just make sure you watch it if you go in the Mount Congreve direction I think the track goes right into the Congreve estate so you'll be classed as a trespasser if your on the grounds there (open to correction on that though).

Advertisement