Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Card lock & CHA Message

• 27-01-2009 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    I transferred photos from my camera using a card reader and now I get the message "Card is Locked" on the LCD and "CHA" when I look through the view finder. I tried a new card,same thing happens. . I have just signed up for a photography course and I can't do it without my camera.
    Can anyone help please???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

It doesn't sound like this is going to be the solution to your problem, but, if it's an SD card, there is a little slider switch on the side of the card. Just make sure it's not in the locked position, preventing you from writing to the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sandie B

Just tried your suggestion and it must have been in the correct position as the message was "this card cannot be used" when I slid the tiny slider. Slid it back and I am back to square 1. Any other suggestions please. Class tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

Have a look here:
    http://www.fixya.com/support/t304752-nikon_d50_cha_error
    you don't say what type of camera it is tho...

Thanks for the link. My camera is a Nikon D50 and it sounds like there is no definite way to fix this problem myself so it sounds like I will have to leave it in for repair. I had the battery out overnight and that didn't work. Looks like I will be without my camera for the majority of the course. Bummer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

This is the number for the Nikon Repair place here: 04695 57151 (its in Meath). There are repair places in Dublin, but thats where its sent if its under warranty

• Advertisement

Thanks, I gave them a call and they were very friendly. There are three options - post it (takes to long & I do not like the idea of camera bumping around in the postman’s bag), - courier it (to expensive,) or deliver directly to them myself (no time until the weekend & speed is a factor). So as it is out of warranty I am taking it to the the camera repairs place in Dame street this evening and hope it will be fixed quickly and without costing the earth. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all you help.

There must have been a gremlin in my camera. Took it to my class to see if anyone new what was going on with it. Even though I had tried a different card, someone gave me their card and hey presto it worked. Put my card back in and the my camera is working fine now. Hallelujah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Good news! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Are you doing the course at DCC?

If you are then you do not require a camera to do the classes.

I did the DCC course last year. I did not find it great as I was a newby to photography and I was looking for the basic's but I might go back and do it again when I have learned a bit more. The one I am doing is in the local VEC. Its 50% photography & 50% photoshop. Two classes down and I have learned alot already. Its alot more friendly and you don't mind asking the "to embarressed to ask questions".

• Advertisement
Advertisement