Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom set up

Options
  • 27-01-2009 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've just switched from BT back to Eircom for my broadband. My Netgear 2247nwg arrived today. I followed all the instructions on the disk and in the manual and was able to set it up wired by ethernet on my desktop. However, when I try to connect the laptop wirelessly it doesn't work.
    the ssid show up sporadically when I scan but even when I'm connected I cannot access the internet. it will connect on the laptop by ethernet.

The tech guy tried to blame the dell wireless card in the laptop but I explained I'd been using it 10 minutes previously with BT without any issues. He tried a load of stuff like changing the ssid, the channel etc but nothing!!

Anyone have any similar issues like this or resolutions? Can I just plug back in my BT zyxel modem and Linksys router????

I'm stressed out with this so hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Jarvis:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jarvis wrote: »
    Hi

I've just switched from BT back to Eircom for my broadband. My Netgear 2247nwg arrived today. I followed all the instructions on the disk and in the manual and was able to set it up wired by ethernet on my desktop. However, when I try to connect the laptop wirelessly it doesn't work.
    the ssid show up sporadically when I scan but even when I'm connected I cannot access the internet. it will connect on the laptop by ethernet.

The tech guy tried to blame the dell wireless card in the laptop but I explained I'd been using it 10 minutes previously with BT without any issues. He tried a load of stuff like changing the ssid, the channel etc but nothing!!

Anyone have any similar issues like this or resolutions? Can I just plug back in my BT zyxel modem and Linksys router????

I'm stressed out with this so hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Jarvis:confused:

You could change the user name and password in zyxel to the eircom ones and see if that works - all of the other settings should be left alone.
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

dont forget to save your settings when you exit.

Dont forget to change your email settings to the Eircom ones too.

Or leave your incoming email with the bt one if you have a bt address and change the smtp to eircom.

Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net

Advertisement