Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 LR

Options
  • 27-01-2009 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me with that kind of gun can I use .22 Long Rifle?? Also maybe anyone know do they pack them in 50 units boxes or what?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=.22+Long+Rifle

Only kidding man :D, seriously though, you should be able to hunt down some guns that use it through Wikipedia.

Also the following might be a more appropriate forum on here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=466

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ that is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Pobably more suitable to the Shooting Forum. Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=.22+Long+Rifle

Only kidding man :D, seriously though, you should be able to hunt down some guns that use it through Wikipedia.

Also the following might be a more appropriate forum on here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=466
    Thanks but I really googled it. Even wikipedia lacks in information about it so I decided to ask here.

A friend of mine sent me a picture of his FN 150, but I'd like to know if I can use it with other guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

One of the top two or three most popular cartridges in the world. Literally millions of guns use it.

Yes, it's commonly sold in boxes of 50

Oh, and your friend has fairly good taste in pistols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

WooPeeA, you can use .22lr ammunition in a .22lr rifle or .22lr pistol.
    You'll forgive me for saying this, but that's rather a basic thing to know - and if you've got a block of .22lr in front of you without know that much, you could be heading towards a nasty accident. Might I suggest you find your local target shooting club and go have fun there more safely?

Sandy22 wrote: »
    Oh, and your friend has fairly good taste in pistols.
    Yes it looks really impressive. He has a quite professional shooting range in his house where you can use his few kinds of Jericho, Glocks, CZ75, Sarsilmaz M206 and many more, including the historical rifles from the beginning of XX century and few kinds of revolvers. He's a real passionate and makes money on it.

He told me yesterday that he won't charge me more than 7 euros for a pack of .22LR. That's why I asked how much do they put inside of the box. Seems like a good deal then.

(nope it's not in Ireland :P)

---

Thank you Sparks, I don't have much knowledge about sport weapon and ammunition.

He's gotten an approved range that can handle that wide an array of firearms at his house?
    Also, if he's selling ammunition to you, well, it's okay on the range (hooray for section two-four-g), but don't take any away with you - possession of ammunition without a licence isn't legal.

(And we don't normally call them weapons, by the way :D )

Sparks, yes he has all he needs, including license for machine guns. ;)

I forgot to mention that the range is not located in Ireland, but in Poland where gun and self-protection law is much more liberal than the one in Ireland. I'm going there for ski next Wednesday so decided to go shooting a little when I come back from my snow scooter mountain trip. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

WooPeeA wrote: »
    but in Poland where gun and self-protection law is much more liberal than the one in Ireland. I'm going there for ski next Wednesday so decided to go shooting a little when I come back from my snow scooter mountain trip. ;)

Excellent stuff, have a great trip and safe shooting

• Advertisement

Thank you Vegeta, I believe it's gonna be a great trip. Can't wait to go..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yes it looks really impressive. He has a quite professional shooting range in his house where you can use his few kinds of Jericho, Glocks, CZ75, Sarsilmaz M206 and many more, including the historical rifles from the beginning of XX century and few kinds of revolvers. He's a real passionate and makes money on it.
    [/URL]

This sound very very illegal when first read. You should really go back and edit it to include the fact that it isn't Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mellor wrote: »
    This sound very very illegal when first read. You sould really go back and edit it to include the fact that it is in Ireland.

You mean NOT in Ireland right? or am I going daft?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Vegeta wrote: »
    You mean NOT in Ireland right? or am I going daft?
    Yeah, thats what I meant. sorry

I forgot to mention that the range is not located in Ireland, but in Poland
    Ah, see, that's a biggie :D Especially since your location is listed as Galway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Some days in Galway you'd think you were in Poland. :D

Sparks wrote: »
    Ah, see, that's a biggie :D Especially since your location is listed as Galway :D
    Nah, He would probably go to jail for life here.. :pac:

Not life. Up to 7 years and €20,000 fine (since it's a restriced firearm), but then, that might be per firearm, so it could be 7 years for each of the machine guns...

Not life. Up to 7 years and €20,000 fine (since it's a restriced firearm), but then, that might be per firearm, so it could be 7 years for each of the machine guns...
    Oh damn, what a injustice! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

my thoughts exactly!
    laughed out loud at this thread anyway! classic!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement