Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HARDCORE gaming bb in mind. advice

Options
  • 27-01-2009 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

this is a topic with gaming specially in mind!
    any advice put it in

hello all.right 2009 is here. and things are getting worse.
    im a hardcreo gamer. i play 17+ hours a day. in teams on css/quakeLIVE and cod5/4. i compete at the highest level. and unfortunatly im thihkning of giving my lifestyle up dat i love so much BECOS!,,, i cant get a decent inet connection..u guys are my last hope .my DETAILS

im from tullamore.co offaly. which is in the midlands. a half hour from portlaoise area.
    currently i have a 7meg connection from eircom installed with there phoneline... and i get an avarage 20/30 ping during the day and at nite 600+ ... and at weekend. 700+.
    today i got icecomms installed... during the day i get ...50 with alot of spiking from 50 to 300. and then at nite... 200+dats on ther 4mb gamer package.

im looking for advice on the best bband company at any price!..with GAMING totally in mind..PING RATIO bein a key factor here.
    NOTE I CANT GET upc in my area...so wats your advice...i NEED an avarage of 20-50 ping CONSTANT. even at peak times. upload and dload speed dont mnatter to me..i have 2 routers. a netopia(eircom) and a trendnet router. fopr wireless.(ice)and will be happy to provcide any other details.. im not looking for a list of providers here.. im looking for the mother!. the gaming provider of 2008.. any1 in my area or with any knowledge of my area and bband services. plz help ! any1 with advice about the conections i already have. feel free also..

my ADVICE for ppl in my area..
    for gaming.. stay away from eircom at all costs. and altho ice are better. NOT FOR GAMING!!!...
    so as i get rid of eircom with no contract obligations and i get rid of ice becos its still in 20 day trial period.. whos next on my target list for best gaming provider.(iv also tryd o2 and they were terribad altogehter..as EXPECTED.
    ty for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 breezor

also plz note this...
    the area that im in ..
    http://www.speedtest.net/global.php?...=49&region=683

the town im in
    http://www.speedtest.net/global.php?continent=3&country=49&region=683&city=24936

ice are leading providers.

so maybe im doing somethin wrong.?
    any advice on wireless settings for gaming. throw them my way. atm everythin is at default with all firewalls off (i think)
    so wat could make a difference for this,, im in view with the mass..
    new router?...
    opening ALL ports?
    etc.. ANY HELPS IS WELL APPRECIEATED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.. THE PERSON TO SOLVE IT GETS A BIG SLOPPY KISS FROM MY MAM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 breezor

this is at NORMAL hours....

398411430.png

398411845.png

398412213.png

and at peak time

398342154.png
    398206615.png
    my deal is the gaming packagae. details below.
    im a PC gamer.
    http://www.icebroadband.com/dev/content/view/15/37/

so wat u think? fault of my own? i couldnt be happier with the service off peak time. its peak time. and maybe the lag spikes is annoying be i can deal with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

already thread on this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement