Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobs in Vancouver

• 27-01-2009 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Been in Vancouver about 5 weeks and have gotten stuff like apt, SIN no,phone etc sorted. One little problem: Jobs

Started my job search 2 weeks ago.

So far i have interviewed with 7 different agencies, sent cvs/résumés directly to companies, created detailed profile on Monster and Workopolis. I'd say I've applied to about 120 jobs in 2 weeks and directly to about 30 others. Have heard nothing back. I'm looking for admin or reception work. My testing results are above average,i've gotten positive feedback from recruitment consultants on my cv/interviewing style and I've got 2 excellent references but nothing has come up.

Has anybody any suggestions/ hints on getting work in Vancouver? I'm starting to go slightly mad with boredom at this point.:o

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Craigslist is yer only man, so i found anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭flyingdagger

Yeah I've been using CL to apply to a huge chunk of the jobs and heard nothing back. There seems to be a phishing scam/email harvesting going on and I'd say half the jobs I've applied to may not even exist.

Cheers for the reply though. I thought someone may have some tips apart from monster,cl etc.
    Hopefully something will turn up soon

Advertisement