Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ghost garage

• 27-01-2009 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭

like a scene from a ghost town, but the rest of the town is fairly lively still. near ardee, seems like it just closed on the friday and never opened again.

anybody know about this?

btw van in window behind megane seems to be an old c15.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

mondymike wrote: »
    like a scene from a ghost town, but the rest of the town is fairly lively still. near ardee, seems like it just closed on the friday and never opened again.

anybody know about this?

btw van in window behind megane seems to be an old c15.
    Sweet jesus, the whole place looks like russia or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ive never seen anything like that. Any idea how long the cars are sitting there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

surely you woudlnt have a main dealership looking like that . the nissan guy here was told to put in a new showroom or lose the dealership, the mitsubishi guy lost his dealership because he had no showroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

surely you woudlnt have a main dealership looking like that . the nissan guy here was told to put in a new showroom or lose the dealership, the mitsubishi guy lost his dealership because he had no showroom

Judging by the amount of moss growing on the vehicles it is fair to say that that garage has been abandoned for a number of years, before the new showroom regulations came into force. Would imagine has been like that since well before the current economic difficulties.

I would guess that any decent vehicles owned by the garage that could have been driven away would have been at this stage. I'm amazed the remaining vehicles have not been scavenged for parts by passers by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

The owner Tony Doyle was killed in a car accident last year. Place hasnt opened since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The whole place looks fairly dead. I does look like that garage has been closed quite a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

its crazy.... couple of semi moderns their...

love the look of the c15... very tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

S.I.R wrote: »
    its crazy.... couple of semi moderns their...

love the look of the c15... very tempting.

yea right babe magnet those c15,s!!
    Citroen_C15_-_Lilly.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

sorry to hear bout the owner.

The fiesta in pic 3 had its pass side wheels taken and the corona/vectra had drivers doors bent, but your right, its strange how nobody still came to collect, unless cars were for sale. would love permission to have a good look around it thou, but under the circumstances..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

it def is not in dublin anyway because i would imagine all the keys of those are in the building somewhere......

not that they would start now anyway but they were hardly going to reported as stlen!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Thats in Drumconrath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Luke Crowley

I'd love to see the odometer on that C15 in the showroom. The place was a Citroen main dealer, and the C15 looks like it hasn't moved in a very long time. Unlikely, I know, but it just might be still new...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'd love to see the odometer on that C15 in the showroom. The place was a Citroen main dealer, and the C15 looks like it hasn't moved in a very long time. Unlikely, I know, but it just might be still new...

Doesn't look too new and also a left hooker by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The reason this got bounced was cause it was linked over on Motors after I got followed around Drumconrath by a madman in a Corolla who claimed I was casing this garage out to steal from it.

Going to steal from it, in my work shirt/trousers, with a heavily branded company car. They breed them weird in Meath...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement