Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coroner that thinks he's a vehicle safety expert

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

If you crash a car like a punto at 70km/hr into a solid object your history.

Even a uber safe Phaeton was rendered a mess by that neo nazi austrian guy and he was not travelling at such an excessive speed (given the car).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

If you crash a car like a punto at 70km/hr into a solid object your history.

Even a uber safe Phaeton was rendered a mess by that neo nazi austrian guy and he was not travelling at such an excessive speed (given the car).

I have a problem with the 'a car like a Punto' statement, tbh. That car has a 5-star rating for occupants, the highest there is, irrespective of car size.

Now I've just searched the NCAP site, and the Phaeton isn't even listed. To me then, the Punto is proven to be safer.

There is simply zero truth in the bigger is better theory. The A-class proved that years ago.

Not only was the coroner out of line, so was the Garda. If the Garda in question thinks that a side-of-the-road assessment of a 'beam' in a car being a major contributor to the outcome of an RTA the subject of an 11 tonne vehicle hitting a 1.1 tonne vehicle, then he has no place on the RTA investigation team.

Put it this way, if he was to use the same logic in another instance, which resulted in a summons, I'd be fighting it all the way to the Supreme Court.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I have it from a source close to an involved party that legal action is pending against the state due to the coroner's remarks....time to close up here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ninty9er wrote: »
    I have it from a source close to an involved party that legal action is pending against the state due to the coroner's remarks....time to close up here?

indeed, thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement