Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frequencies to use for fm transmitter with ipod

• 27-01-2009 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi all,

i am trying to compile a set of fm frequencies that can be used for my ipod fm transmitter for various parts of the country seein as i tour around a fair bit.

i would be grateful if people could let me know the frequencies they use and the part of the country it works in. i am particularly interested in frequencies in the north of the country as the radio band up there seems pretty stuffed

i live up around louth and use 92.1fm which works pretty well.

and before it starts, i know that and integrated solution is way better than the fm transmitters....

thanks

pil

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

92.1 fm would be sound in Galway anyway...hope that helps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I use the top end of the range. Arounf 108
    Not normally anything that close to the cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭magic roundabou

i used one of those things on my player but found the sound sooooo bad , so invested in a radio that has an mp3 adapter and its much better
    they say in the city is not great as the airways are so busy so you may have better luck outside major citys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Luckily my new car has an integrated AUX in, but back when I used FM transmitters the following helped:
    - try removing the radio aerial off the car when using the transmitter
    - try higher frequencies for better signals, tune the radio to a completely free frequency first then tune the transmitter.
    - if your transmitter lets you save several frequencies use a spare FM band on your car radio and store the same batch under say FM II.
    - a phono extension lead between the transmitter and mp3 player helped improve quality; think my transmitter was using the lead that plugged into
    the mp3 player line out as a 'broadcast aerial'.

I found the main problem was driving from one part of the city to another, what was a clear on the southside was useless on the northside.

Quality is only ever average at best with these transmitters - you cant beat a hardwired solution as you know.

Advertisement