Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official: LoI supporters are real fans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jazzy wrote: »
    thus asking the question "what is a football fan" eh?

Someone who goes to football matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I love prawn sandwiches too Jazzy, with a bit of the old thousand island dressing mmmm

The trouble traditional football fans have with plastics is that they see them as actually damaging football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Someone who goes to football matches.

deep
    CiaranC wrote: »
    The trouble traditional football fans have with plastics is that they see them as actually damaging football.

so how do u stop them from damaging football?
    insult them?
    bomb sky?
    start a religion?

problem is, the fans arent going to change. the trends will continue. and yes its harsh, but if clubs want to survive then they are going to have to keep up with this. look wat is happening in the LoI. blaming the public is the easy route.. and the one you can lord over ppl.. thus fulfilling the need to feel good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

thus asking the question "what is a football fan" eh?

whats a football SUPPORTER?

Trilla wrote: »
    whats a football SUPPORTER?

how cynical

look at the wording of the bit i quoted from des. then look how i applied it to the question. you might feel a bit silly though so i advise you not to look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Des wrote: »
    it's always fúcking winter in the Flansiro.
    Just keepin it real Des;) Reality bites.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The LOI debate goes round and round, round and round, round and round; The LOI debate goes round and round...
    I for one feel sick.

And I hate those imaginary fans with their imaginary football.

P.S there are as many 'Fake' fans in the LoI as there are in any other National League. You'll know them by the amount of sh1t they talk, if you cant identify them, you, I'm sorry to say are one of them.

kerash wrote: »

P.S there are as many 'Fake' fans in the LoI as there are in any other National League. You'll know them by the amount of sh1t they talk, if you cant identify them, you, I'm sorry to say are one of them.

f**k me this one sounds very very football. what level are you at compared to say CiaranC? hes a level 12

f**k me this one sounds very very football. what level are you at compared to say CiaranC? hes a level 12
    Listen Jazzy (if that's your real name and not some imaginary name you've made up to be part of this imaginary football fan barstool brigade which as you can understand is therefore invisible to me as it is imaginary and there for not real) there are no 'levels' you are football or you are not football.
    Just like - one is talking utter shít or one is not talking utter shít.
    Reality and Fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Why is it 'sad'?
    How many people with any regard for the game would have to ask that?

Listen Jazzy (if that's your real name and not some imaginary name you've made up to be part of this imaginary football fan barstool brigade which as you can understand is therefore invisible to me as it is imaginary and there for not real) there are no 'levels' you are football or you are not football.
    Just like - one is talking utter shít or one is not talking utter shít.
    Reality and Fiction.

so there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Trilla wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    SectionF wrote: »
    How many people with any regard for the game would have to ask that?

Why do you all care for the league to be fully professional? Is the point. You contend that ye have no regard for it as product and the reasons you love the LOI is because of real football; shared experience; community / local representation etc, etc. That will still be all there for you to enjoy irrespective of whether or not the league dies from a professional perspective.

So I ask again, why is it 'sad' that the league cannot sustain professionalism?

Why do you all care for the league to be fully professional? Is the point. You contend that ye have no regard for it as product and the reasons you love the LOI is because of real football; shared experience; community / local representation etc, etc. That will still be all there for you to enjoy irrespective of whether or not the league dies from a professional perspective.

So I ask again, why is it 'sad' that the league cannot sustain professionalism?
    That wasn't your question. You asked why it would be sad if the game died, which is simply perverse.

As for the end of full-time professionalism, that will be a loss, as the standard has improved dramatically in recent years. But too many people have been content to repeat the old 'dire standard' refrain, for fear they might have to go to a match. So now, it does seem we are heading back to at least a large element of part-time. Hard to take, but that's the only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The funny thing is that the standard of football in the LOI was a lot closer to the English version way back in the day before any of the clubs were fully professional.

Turlough O'Connor, Hilary Carlyle, Mick Fairclough, Brendan Bradley among many others back then were good enough to play in the first division in England. Nowadays almost all the best homegrown talent are gone before they set foot in the league, there has been a couple of exceptions recently but all in all the standard is shockingly low.

How could you support a league where a team gets kicked out of its home ground and nobody does anything. Where a club recklessly chases success at National level only to destroy the clubs finances, where a team qualifies for the new premier league but are told results are not good enough to qualify.

Since the late '80s early '90s that league had been sliding into oblivion. The best thing that could happen would be for it to cease to exist. And then some new competely separate organisation start from scratch and try and get a realistic Irish soccer league going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

eagle eye wrote: »

How could you support a league where a team gets kicked out of its home ground and nobody does anything. Where a club recklessly chases success at National level only to destroy the clubs finances, where a team qualifies for the new premier league but are told results are not good enough to qualify.

Not sure who youre talking about? Rovers? Of course the FAI did something, they made Kilcoyne head of the FAI. What happened to Wimbledon was far worse.

Leeds? Liverpool, Chelsea and Uniteds finances arent looking too rosey either.

Yea, unlucky for Dundalk but they were aware that it wasnt only onfield results. Plenty of teams dont go from conference to league in England if off field not up to scratch

SectionF wrote: »
    But too many people have been content to repeat the old 'dire standard' refrain, for fear they might have to go to a match.

i went to a match in december and it was beyond cr@p. worst football ive seen in a long time. no effort. no passion. no quality

i went to a match in december and it was beyond cr@p. worst football ive seen in a long time. no effort. no passion. no quality

Stoke v Liverpool? (it certainly wasnt a LOI game)

bohsman wrote: »
    Stoke v Liverpool? (it certainly wasnt a LOI game)

UCD vs. Galway.

beyond sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

UCD vs. Galway.

beyond sh1t

They did not play in December. How cynical.

UCD vs. Galway.

beyond sh1t

Ive said it before, UCD matches are going to be terrible more often than not. Theres plenty of terrible games in the premiership aswell. (the point I was making was that the game was on the 14th Nov. Season was well over by December)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

where a team qualifies for the new premier league but are told results are not good enough to qualify..

But which they knew about anyway as they had signed up to the agreement in advance.... :rolleyes:
    Since the late '80s early '90s that league had been sliding into oblivion.

The league has improved a hell of a lot since then.
    The best thing that could happen would be for it to cease to exist. And then some new competely separate organisation start from scratch and try and get a realistic Irish soccer league going.

A true modern football fan. Wipe out traditions and histories. And people wonder why LoI fans look down their noses at some EPL fans.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

"True fans don't change teams", you mean true fans actually go to games.;)

Care to expand on your "devote Liverpool fan" fan comment? I'd define devote being a fan who volunteers, goes to as many matches as possible to them, season ticket holder, etc... the usual things fans do from all other countries in this world well bar the majority of the Irish "fans" and a large portion of Asian "fans".

Is this how the cool kids pick they're teams "Oh thanks Aunty for the Liverpool jersey, I must support them now":rolleyes: A jersey doesn't make who you support.

First of all with me being 21 and in college I can barely pay for my bus home at the weekends never mind afford to go over and back to Liverpool. But believe me when ive that income coming in every week Ill be over to watch the pool every week if its possible.

And what in gods name are you on about the cool kids?? Never hear of metaphorically speaking? T'was my brother who got me into Liverpool. I used to watch games with him, he told me about players I loved the game and fell in love with the club.

Dont blame me that at 4 years old I didnt consider the local scene of the fai league, with football on my doorstep. And to be honest its not on my doorstep.

Real football fans you say?? Its funny I play for my local club, when im out injured I go to watch the games I help the club raise money in an area that is over ruled with the GAA and the "ah your playing your foreign sport". Its something that really pisses me off yet so called fellow soccer fans have an attitude towards other soccer fans that basically stinks.

Its funny how the snobbery of these LOI fans think there helping their league but you look down on everyone else. Sorry but my loyaties were put in place along time ago. But ye be sure to continue to put people off the League of Ireland with your ignorance and snobbery. It really makes me want to go stand beside ye at matches...:rolleyes:

bohsman wrote: »
    Ive said it before, UCD matches are going to be terrible more often than not. Theres plenty of terrible games in the premiership aswell. (the point I was making was that the game was on the 14th Nov. Season was well over by December)

aye soz, getting confused. mid november - new year was very messy for me.

i know there is plenty of cr@p games in th PL as well as LoI.. but UCD are apparantly my local team. so i should invest my time in this terribleness just because i want to watch football?

the sport is evolving and growing faster elsewhere then it is here. if the current LoI teams and the FAI can't keep up then i dunno, leaves the fans in a terrible situation. but you cant blame normal people just because you want to feel better.
    What will the epitaph be then of the LoI fan? "f**k you lot you prawn sandwich barstool plastic f**kers!!" ?
    neither dignified, classy or apt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

i went to a match in december

you have now been exposed as a liar, so stfu, you ill informed person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

UCD vs. Galway.

beyond sh1t

ive seen many a boring match in the premiership. Basing your opinions on a league based on a match between two of that leagues teams is fairly ignorant to be honest. I would'nt judge the premiership to be of poor standard based on one or two boring matches iv seen. Every league gets poor games on a regular basis.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    But which they knew about anyway as they had signed up to the agreement in advance.... :rolleyes:

Yeah and let Drogheda in, that proved a great move.:rolleyes:
    The league has improved a hell of a lot since then.
    What age are you?
    There was some great European nights way back with the likes of Liverpool, Celtic, Spurs having tough games against Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers, and the Athlone Town team drawing with AC Milan. There is not a team capable capable of challenging any of them teams now. The gap has widened tremendously over the last twenty years.

A true modern football fan. Wipe out traditions and histories. And people wonder why LoI fans look down their noses at some EPL fans.....:rolleyes:
    I first started going to LOI games back in 1973 and did so up until the late '80s. So you are calling me a true modern football fan.
    I do try and live in the present and realistically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

There was some great European nights way back with the likes of Liverpool, Celtic, Spurs having tough games against Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers, and the Athlone Town team drawing with AC Milan. There is not a team capable capable of challenging any of them teams now. The gap has widened tremendously over the last twenty years

I'm sorry but I've got to pull you up there. The reason it looks like it's widened is because of the rediculous expansion of the Champions League! When they've gotten the chance they've done well.

Shels against Deportivo, Drogheda this year against Kiev.

i know there is plenty of cr@p games in th PL as well as LoI.. but UCD are apparantly my local team. so i should invest my time in this terribleness just because i want to watch football?

You are a no10 trip away from Dalymount. If you want to watch live football Id suggest going to a few dublin derbys or top of the table clashes, if you still think its terrible fair enough, I just dont think one bottom of the table clash is enough basis for an opinion.

It was so crap you mixed your months up?
    Aside from that forgiveable error, well done for honesty it could well have been crap, and I've seen plenty of crap.
    I'm inclined to believe you could possibly be REAL...but answer me this - are you football? If you are, you'll know... do you know?;)
    joe123 wrote: »
    It really makes me want to go stand beside ye at matches...:rolleyes:
    There'll be plenty of room, you wont have stand near anyone.
    Maybe he is imaginary Des? Is he unreal? A figment of our imaginations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I first started going to LOI games back in 1973 and did so up until the late '80s. So you are calling me a true modern football fan.
    Are you now a Blackburn Rovers fan?

CiaranC wrote: »
    Are you now a Blackburn Rovers fan?
    Yes, since 1990. I took an interest in them when Kevin Moran joined and went to see them play the next year for the first time.

• Advertisement

sure des.
    i lie on forums to get my buzz
    couldnt remember the exact time but it was pre-xmas and between college work, essays, boozing & general life i got confused. i went with a mate from down my road before we went into town on the lash and drank at an apartment in ucd before the game. the reason we went as it was an apparant must win game for galway and 2 lads that were in our respective classes were playing (John Fitzgerald from my class and John Lester was in my mates).

but sure des, just call me a big fat liar and that will be the end of it. dont worry about anything else i said making sense and you probably not really being able to answer without putting down more ppl because they arent as football as you. a sad sad boring existence it must be eh des? picking up ur jollies from lording it over the boards.ie soccer section. dont need to say anymore really

I just think it would be good if people could support their local clubs like they do in GAA

this will give benefits in so many ways

Improve community, standard of football, knock on effect to the national team, more jobs, more recognition for the country etc.

People loving the announcement of the Uefa Cup final in Dublin in a few years, we'd have more og that if the Irish gave a toss about Irish soccer. Heck teams might even compete on that stage!

Our own shaggin turf lads, our own country. I'm not going all green etc, I just think the only way to improve football is to support it.

When i go into work, I'd love to have a Rovers Bohs argument, banter etc. Cas thats whats outside the windows of my work place. Dublin. Ireland. Its great to show interest in quality football and England provides that. I'm a fond follower of Manchester United and wont stop. I really hope that our situation improves and we can bring some form of better quality to the LOI.

Something that we will own, we can support, something that we can relate to like the English in England, the Scottish in Scotland, the Spanish in Spain. I'd love to have that feeling, I know I probably never will but hey.

Nice post there Trilla, but you have to understand that unlike Dublin, its not the same in a lot of counties around Ireland.

As far as I'm aware, there are no LOI teams in Cavan, Meath, Wexford, Carlow, Laois, Offaly, Mayo, Roscommon, Kerry, Clare and Tipperary.

So how do you expect that somebody from any of these counties would grow up supporting a LOI team. Its more likely that they see English soccer first and don't encounter any fans of LOI clubs until they go to college at the earliest.
    I don't know the population of all these counties combined, but it would be a fair chunk of the population.
    Saying that someone from any of these counties should support a team based in an adjoining county is a total joke as the rivalry between counties has existed from gaa for donkeys years. Basically there is no way many people from Kerry are going to support a Cork team, very few people from Offaly are going to support a Westmeath or Kilkenny team. Very few people from Tipperary or Clare are going to support a Limerick or Galway team.

Anyways this means that a huge chunk of potential League of Ireland fans are lost at an early age to the EPL though Sky sports, Setanta and other tv like the BBC and even RTE who show the Premiership ever Saturday.

The set up is all wrong imo. There are how many clubs in Dublin? Off the top of my head I think its six.
    The way that league should have been set up years ago is county by county, yes the same way as the GAA as thats the way people are. Maybe have a couple of sides in Dublin and maybe two in Cork but that way you would have a couple of divisions with the Premier division being a lot more competitive. You also have a better chance of developing talent as there are good clubs in each county. It would take time for such a League to take off, but if you really care about the future of Irish Soccer thats the way forward. It could be ten or even twenty years before you see results from it. But you'd cerainly have more people interested in the game over here and more interest nationally.

Anyways thats my thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Top post there Tirlla.
    As far as I'm aware, there are no LOI teams in Cavan, Meath, Wexford, Carlow, Laois, Offaly, Mayo, Roscommon, Kerry, Clare and Tipperary.

So how do you expect that somebody from any of these counties would grow up supporting a LOI teams.

Just on that, having a team in your locality doesn't necessarily mean you end up supporting them. If it did then the majority of United fans wouldn't come from London (I kid obviously but you get the point).

I think in many ways the inter-county rivalries instilled through GAA are holding the league back. If Cork and Kerry didn't have an already huge sporting rivalry then it's very conceivable that people from Kerry would go support Cork City (Tom the Gom is the obvious exception as he already does that!).

Same goes for Mayo people and Galway United. It's not far to go to Terryland for a game but that rivalry means people turn a blind eye. Obviously it's something that can't simply be broken down but imo it's a contributing factor.

Nice post there Trilla, but you have to understand that unlike Dublin, its not the same in a lot of counties around Ireland.

So how do you expect that somebody from any of these counties would grow up supporting a LOI team. Its more likely that they see English soccer first and don't encounter any fans of LOI clubs until they go to college at the earliest.
    I don't know the population of all these counties combined, but it would be a fair chunk of the population.
    Saying that someone from any of these counties should support a team based in an adjoining county is a total joke as the rivalry between counties has existed from gaa for donkeys years. Basically there is no way many people from Kerry are going to support a Cork team, very few people from Offaly are going to support a Westmeath or Kilkenny team. Very few people from Tipperary or Clare are going to support a Limerick or Galway team.

Anyways this means that a huge chunk of potential League of Ireland fans are lost at an early age to the EPL though Sky sports, Setanta and other tv like the BBC and even RTE who show the Premiership ever Saturday.

The set up is all wrong imo. There are how many clubs in Dublin? Off the top of my head I think its six.
    The way that league should have been set up years ago is county by county, yes the same way as the GAA as thats the way people are. Maybe have a couple of sides in Dublin and maybe two in Cork but that way you would have a couple of divisions with the Premier division being a lot more competitive. You also have a better chance of developing talent as there are good clubs in each county. It would take time for such a League to take off, but if you really care about the future of Irish Soccer thats the way forward. It could be ten or even twenty years before you see results from it. But you'd cerainly have more people interested in the game over here and more interest nationally.

Well just to confirm it Wexford does have a team now call Wexford Youths.

I can see where you're coming from and it's true. The county rivalries in Ireland makes it hard to support a team from another county.

I also think there are too many teams in Dublin. Even though Dublin is a big city it's still not big enough for the amount of teams. Giving a league place to Sporting Fingal was a bad decision on the FAI's part. A team from Kerry or Tipp for example would have been a better choice.

the only good thing i can see in regard to this is that the new A championship can give clubs a route into the league. I think there's a Tullamore team in the A championship so Offaly could have a future first division team. It would be nice to see some of more clubs from non-represented counties coming in to the league.

Anyone who loves football would knock fecking great craic out of supporting an Irish team that's the facking reality.
    Intercounty rivalries shouldn't come into it because the teams in the LoI are not made up of local players - on the whole there is a mix which should only draw an inter-county crowd.

Suggesting you can only be interested in supporting Man Utd if your from Manchester is as much bollox as suggesting you could only really support an Irish team from your own county ffs.

Anyone who loves football would knock fecking great craic out of supporting an Irish team that's the facking reality.
    Intercounty rivalries shouldn't come into it because the teams in the LoI are not made up of local players - on the whole there is a mix which should only draw an inter-county crowd.

Suggesting you can only be interested in supporting Man Utd if your from Manchester is as much bollox as suggesting you could only really support an Irish team from your own county ffs.

It's different in Ireland though. There are strong rivalries between counties. It's a factor whether we like it or not. I can't imagine many people from Kerry that would be able to support Cork City etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you're referring to me then that's not what I said.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If you're referring to me then that's not what I said.
    No I'm not referring to you. I'm referring to an inference on these threads from some section of the of the boards.ie soccer posting population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Great post.

• Advertisement

Are people seriously suggesting that it is beyond comprehention that people in different counties in Ireland could support a team in another county?
    Even though people through-out the land are supporting football teams all over the world - seriously???
    And that the only way to solve this is to ensure there is a supportable club in every county and there is no way for the league to grow until that is the case?
    Seriously?

And if you are seriously serious, how do you explain the fact that the majority of Irish football fans from all counties support English teams with no qualms?????

- and I'm not saying it wouldnt be fantastic to have supportable clubs in every county-but no way forward unless that is the case???

Are people seriously suggesting...

....and I'm not saying it wouldnt be fantastic to have supportable clubs in every county-but no way forward unless that is the case???

Na I dont think many if any are tbh.

I can get what people are saying. I'm originally from Carlow, up in Dublin about 3 or 4 years and have been attending Bohs games ever since. I understand how difficult it is to gain an interest in the LOI when you're from the southeast (wexford aside), kerry, clare, tip, leitrim etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Its the good old Irishness isn't it:

I've no problem supporting an English football team but there is no way in hell I'm supporting those feckers from county x. That said if the English came back in here I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with county x and fight those English to the death!

As someone else said, the bobby sands film. All those hard core republicans fighting the english for the cause of the brothers and all supporting english teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yeah and let Drogheda in, that proved a great move.:rolleyes:

I never said letting Drogheda was a great move. :confused: I merely stated the facts that Dundalk knew what they signed up for in advance. It's not everyone else's fault they were so brain dead that they celebrated a non-existent promotion.
    What age are you?

Two. :rolleyes:
    There was some great European nights way back with the likes of Liverpool, Celtic, Spurs having tough games against Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers, and the Athlone Town team drawing with AC Milan. There is not a team capable capable of challenging any of them teams now. The gap has widened tremendously over the last twenty years.

You said:"Since the late '80s early '90s that league had been sliding into oblivion." Grounds have been improved since then. Clubs are far more involved at community level. European results? Well, you can pick and choose certain results to back up your arguement.

Before the league slid into oblivion as you claim, Harps lost 16-1 in Europe, Drogheda lost 14-0 to Spurs, Dundalk lost 14-0 to Liverpool...while recently Shels knocked out Hajduk split, drew with Deportive (CL semi-finalists), drew with Lille, Bohs and Derry have knocked out Scotish sides, derry and Pat's have knocked out Swedish sides......

Not judging by the rubbish you post here. :rolleyes:

iregk wrote: »
    As someone else said, the bobby sands film. All those hard core republicans fighting the english for the cause of the brothers and all supporting english teams.
    Where was that said? I've often thought that some of the greenest among us are the biggest fans of British teams.
    kerash wrote:

This keeps on coming up. But I can see no one, or at most very few, suggesting on this forum that it is somehow not legitimate to support an English team.
    The problem is not supporting an Irish one. They are not mutually exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Haha

'now we'd like the REAL fans of the country to to buy the remaining allocaton of our 800-euro-a-match premium seating in our new arena.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gosplan wrote: »
    Haha

'now we'd like the REAL fans of the country to to buy the remaining allocaton of our 800-euro-a-match premium seating in our new arena.'

Where is this from?

Fúck me, eight hundred quid to watch a handful of Championship standard games.

Fúck off Delaney.

Fúck you FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a wanky thread. If people want to give their devotion by whatever means to foreign based clubs, so be it. If you wish to do so locally, so be it, just don't be asking for a fuching medal everytime one of these threads come up.

Sure, in a perfect world we would all support our local LOI team and drive toyotas, but its not, so get over it.

TBH, most LOI fans embarrass me. Just log onto any LOI team forum and you will see why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Where is this from?

Fúck me, eight hundred quid to watch a handful of Championship standard games.

Fúck off Delaney.

Fúck you FAI.

Think it was from either the times or Independant.

Not sure exactly on my figures but the best ten year seats = 32K.

About 5 home games per year (true for 06 and 07 anyway) = 50 games.

So I was actually slightly wrong, the price is 640 euro per game. :eek:

Anyone know the price for a season ticket to Old Trafford or the Emirates?

Advertisement