Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse collection

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

Did everyone here that are customers of clean irl get their christmas card, you wouldn't get one from mr binman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

just switched over to clean irl today. had'nt read this thread but haggled with mr binman before and got nowhere really.
    ordered it online from work. Bins were outside my house when i got home at 4.
    They're doing a deal where you get 9 months for the price of 6 for about the same money as i was paying mr binman. I had one bin with mr binman..now have 2 big bins, 1 glass bin, 1 large food bin and 1 small food bin, a ****load of paperbags for food waste, and a big skip bag thing.

Dont even know what to do with them all :D

do i put the food waste from the small bin into the bags and then the bags into the big food bin or what..?

Good value and service so far though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Place the big food bin outside. Leave the small food bin in the kitchen/utility or somewhere else that is handy. Place one of the paper bags in the small bin and dump your food into that. When full dump bag and everything in it into big bin and place new bag in small bin.
    You could watch the dvd that came with them on what to do when you run out of bags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

MR binman had it to good for too long,,
    306 for year? 2 bins
    he's in waterford too,
    how many houses has he got now, over 100,000 i'd say
    306 x 100,000 =30,600,000

• Registered Users Posts: 3 missybo

Hi all,
    I was with Mr Binman and he was charging me about €200 for 6 months (only 2 in my house), Joined clean Irl in April 09 and my bill I got in Sept was only €138.99, I live in the town so I got glass and compost bin.... Would never go back to Mr Binman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Place the big food bin outside. Leave the small food bin in the kitchen/utility or somewhere else that is handy. Place one of the paper bags in the small bin and dump your food into that. When full dump bag and everything in it into big bin and place new bag in small bin.
    You could watch the dvd that came with them on what to do when you run out of bags.

Whats happening the food waste I keep wondering?

- Best bet is that its processed and turned into Fertiliser of some sort? Or is it segregated for different, shorter-term land fill?

Also in the whole "Charge By Weight" scheme of things are you charged for this waste too?

Our large food bin blew away in a Gale one night as they emptied it at 11pm so everything goes into the wet waste bin again now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nikkiec

If you give Clean Ireland a call they will most probably replace it for you. I think they will even deliver the replacement. The waste that goes into your compost bin actually doesn't go to landfill at all - I actually watched the video they gave me with the bin!!! It goes off to be treated and then it is used as compost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

nikkiec wrote: »
    If you give Clean Ireland a call they will most probably replace it for you. I think they will even deliver the replacement. The waste that goes into your compost bin actually doesn't go to landfill at all - I actually watched the video they gave me with the bin!!! It goes off to be treated and then it is used as compost.

Nikki couldn't help noticing that you have 4 posts on Boards.ie since last October - All here on the Refuse Collection thread, and now you're admitting that your other favourite pastime is watching the Clean Ireland DVDs with a nice glass of red Wine????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭manna452121

When Mr Binman git the contract from the council I moved to Clean Ireland but for the next 3 months I got bills from MR B,when I mentioned legal letters they stopped.I still have the old bin which was to be collected after 2 weeks that was 8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭munsterkerryfan

Anybody transferred to South West Bins since they started in Limerick? They seem to be pretty good value compared to some of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

nikkiec wrote: »
    Who is this Cassidy guy? Never heard of him which would concern me - he could be just some fly by night who will take your money and run!!! QUOTE]

His name is Tom Cassidy, a business man located in Ballynanty for the last twetny or so years, he has a hardware shop, and has been selling coal for years. He is also in the business of removing large amounts of rubbish to the tip(furniture etc). He has also been removing household rubbish since the corpo gave it up. My da used to work for him many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Anybody transferred to South West Bins since they started in Limerick? They seem to be pretty good value compared to some of the others.

Been with them since Jan, cheap and a good service...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but twas that or start a new one. Binman contract up this month and got a flyer for AES refuse collection. The prices seem really competitive and was wondering has anyone ever done business with them ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I use Mr.Binman but not out of choice if I had a choice I would use Clean Irl had them in my last property and find them brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Clean Ireland are much better. You only have had to look around our neighbourhood. I'd say 99% of bins were MrBinman a few years ago, now its more like 55/45% in favour of Clean Irl, they must be doing something right

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

Old thread, hopefully someone will know, but moving into new house next week, and landlord looking for 420 euro up front for 9 months for bins:confused. Is this a rip off??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Old thread, hopefully someone will know, but moving into new house next week, and landlord looking for 420 euro up front for 9 months for bins:confused. Is this a rip off??:confused::confused:

Seems a bit steep compared to some of the deals that you can get around Limerick now. Mr Binman, Clean Ireland and AES

I personally have just switched to AES no service charge till 2012, €8 a lift for waste, €3 a lift for organic waste recycling is free. Bin are lifted on alternate weeks. Service charge is €75 for 6 month starting in Jan.

AES works out at € 36 per month putting every bin out when it is due.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

When we lived in the city we were very happy with Clean IRL. Loved the fact you had the bin and not the opti bags.

However was a different story out the country. They missed our collection on a number of occasions and took a number of phone calls to sort so we switched to Mr. Binman.

May try Whites when we renew, there are a few on the road with Whites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

I've been using CleanIreland (have tried AES and Mr Binman) but they keep forgetting to tell us when we have to renew, and we only find out after the bins aren't collected.

Was looking up alternatives and found this thread and then this site:

"South West Bins on Wheels" - so I've sent them an e-mail.

Does anyone in Limerick use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

South West bins have been bought out by clean Ireland recently. I'm a customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I just got my bill for the coming months with Mr Binman and it has gone up from €21 a month to €29 , I phoned and asked about it and they said they could bring it back down to €26 so I am on the look out to see if anyone can do a bi-weekly collection for less than that .

Same here with mr binman - thinking of going to Clean Irl

• Registered Users Posts: 26 redhead33

there is a mr bin man skip in bennets in roxboro ,its 6 euro per ticket witch u can prrchase in shop,u would fit around 5 large bags per ticket and then for recycling use your local recycling centre ,this is what i do and it works out around 60 euro per year ,i know its a little bit of hassle goin there once a month but def worth it ,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jsd1004

AES. Cheapest I think. I pay them 13euro a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

jsd1004 wrote: »
    AES. Cheapest I think. I pay them 13euro a month

And what does that cover ? and does that include the €79 service charge per 6 months ? How often do you get your bins collected ?

If it doesn't include the service charge then you are paying €79 + €78

Clean Ireland are useless - willing to try anyone else again

link8r wrote: »
    Clean Ireland are useless - willing to try anyone else again

Why are they useless

They never let us know when we have to pay to renew - the earliest notice we get is a note to say the bins aren't collected. Then it takes days to get through to make a payment and then you have to wait 2 more weeks. So you go a month without collection.

Surely if they can update their trucks, they could send an e-mail but we were told that it was impossible for them to invoice all of their clients, so was just hoping if anyone was running a proper company or will we just to have to put up with their way of doing things.

I know that my parents get an invoice - its very strange that you dont!

• Advertisement

I know - sorry to have to leave bad feedback on a company - I'm not trying to convince anyone to leave them but this is going on for 2 years. I actually don't know how much we pay them tbh. I'm not looking to save money. I just want a regular service.

Advertisement