Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Authority Requests

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ConfusedTech

I just got a grant of planning for the forementioned planning application. 24 conditions came with it!!!, including conditioning for the AI that was already given to them. 24 conditions on a similar application that would have got the standard seven last year. What are these guys up to. The conditions include items that have to be re-submitted to the planners pre-construction and really add 25% work-load to a planning that was already cut in price to get the job...... Talking about trying to justify your position!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nothing surprises me any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Its like going back to the good ol days of '04 and the rural renewal grants except back then they were giving out rediculous FI's, clarifications on completely new questions and invalidating applications for no reason because they were too busy, now its because they have nothing else to do.

I had a site meeting a couple of months ago with the local planner, the client and a councilor. This was a follow up meeting from a previous refusal but the planner said that she would now be happy enough to allow a 2 storey house on the site providing the ground level was lowered by 1.50 and we showed a good decent bit of landscaping.

Submitted the application and it was due for decision last week but just prior to that the planner told the client by phone that she wouldnt even allow her a bungalow on the site and that the landscaping details I had shown were useless as "the trees wouldn't grow fast enough" :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Wierd animals, planners.

i) Minimal attention span,
    ii) Experts at everything,
    iii) The only breed of person capable of creating aesthetic beauty,
    iv) The only breed of person capable of judging aesthetic elegance,
    v) Mandatory to suffer from selective Alzhimers,
    vi) Capable of correctly holding a drawing without ever knowing what it contains.
    vii) Able to generate months of work for a whole nest of planners from one agents application.

I could go on, but my blood pressure is rising at the thought...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ConfusedTech

Let me guess. Wicklow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Let me guess. Wicklow?

No..... I would say any one of the 70 odd county/city/borough or town councils, that planning applications are made to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Joxer Brown

hi all new to boards, only joined when i saw the arch tech forum. i'm a AT3 student and although we've spent three years doing details and construction drawings i'd be fairly puzzled when it came to planning drawings. i'm aware of the required drawings but its the detail required in the drawings themselves that i was wondering about.

any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

All listed in Part 4 of the 2006 Regs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Joxer Brown

cheers lad, problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

Wierd animals, planners.

i) Minimal attention span,
    ii) Experts at everything,
    iii) The only breed of person capable of creating aesthetic beauty,
    iv) The only breed of person capable of judging aesthetic elegance,
    v) Mandatory to suffer from selective Alzhimers,
    vi) Capable of correctly holding a drawing without ever knowing what it contains.
    vii) Able to generate months of work for a whole nest of planners from one agents application.

I could go on, but my blood pressure is rising at the thought...:)

You could have just said Civil Servant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You could have just said Civil Servant!

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

hi all new to boards, only joined when i saw the arch tech forum. i'm a AT3 student and although we've spent three years doing details and construction drawings i'd be fairly puzzled when it came to planning drawings. i'm aware of the required drawings but its the detail required in the drawings themselves that i was wondering about.

any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

When you come out of college, the real world is a baptism of fire. If you think the time limits on projects are tight then wait until your asked to draw any building for a farmer:D.

Nobody knows about planning when they come out of college, even though its the mainstay of most practices, but dont worry, each and every office will have their own system for planning drawings so you will learn. The important things like numbers of copies and whats required is very well explained in the back of most application forms.

Oh and welcome to the club;)

Advertisement