Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Lights

Options
  • 27-01-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I noticed that my Ascaso Steel Duo power light is not working. This means that I can't tell if the machine is on or off until the heater light comes back on. Unfortunately for me, this is the second machine with the same problem. The lights are all blue and are a feature of the machine. I see this as a fault and will return it to BT where it was purchased.

Even more unfortunately, the last time this happened with the previous machine, I got into an arguement with the Fairfax representative and the BT manager who refused to accept that the power light failure was a fault on the machine.

And even more unfortunately, I understand that these machines are no longer sold at BT.

So, given that the machine has a two year warranty and is now into the second year, would you guys say I'll have problems? Should I just learn to live with the failure of the light and carry on? The machine makes great coffee so I really don't want to be without it for weeks on end. Will BT honor the warranty as it was the place of purchase and I have the BT receipt? The problem I have is that I leave the machine on all day without realising it's on. This is a real problem when I'm leaving my home in the morning and not coming home until 10:30pm after college!

I'm not looking forward to any problems BT might give me, and the manager the last time was not very friendly :(

Cheers
    Howard

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Maybe you could check this in the consumer issues forum also, they are well up on their consumer rights stuff.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Yes! Sorry, this thread should not be here. Hopefully Mr. Mag can move it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Eek, not thats not what I meant :o

Someone here might have had the experience with BT's or might even have a contact name you could try :)

I meant just try the other forum also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

hshortt wrote: »
    Yes! Sorry, this thread should not be here. Hopefully Mr. Mag can move it for me.

Done. I've left a permanent re-direct in Coffee too.

If it's still within the 2 year warranty then the manufacturer should stand over it. If there's no agant in Ireland then you may need to be prepared for some email tennis.

From a practical point of view, you could plug it into one of these and use the socket on the wall to control power, you can position it so the LED is facing out you'll know when the machine is on or off.

21274.gif

Thanks for the move Mr. Magnolia. My power sockets are behind the machine which is nice and neat. I have some small selectable extension sockets, so I'll use your idea until I get some reply from BT on whats to be done.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Keep on to BT daily until you get a firm response. It's probably worth contacing the manufacturer directly too and check what they have to say:http://www.ascaso.com/

On your pointers, I've been onto Ascaso. They will send me the part and instructions to replace the light myself, very very happy with that because I'll not be without the machine.

I'm still expecting a call back from a BT manager today to see what their take on it is.

Thanks again,

hshortt wrote: »
    On your pointers, I've been onto Ascaso. They will send me the part and instructions to replace the light myself, very very happy with that because I'll not be without the machine.

I'm still expecting a call back from a BT manager today to see what their take on it is.

Thanks again,

Not at all :)
    Glad you got sorted. Let of know how the repair goes and what bt come back with.

Advertisement