Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap , simple 'always on' + Phonewatch ?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Have an eircom line connected to Phonewatch, but want to get 'always on' broadband or somesuch that will get me international radio stations through the day and the odd download of music.
    Using a 'cheap' 6pm to 8am rate at the moment. I'm not very tech, just want to be able to listen to radio and maybe use the i-net during the day instead of waiting for 6pm or weekends.
    Any recommendations? Eircom seem to have a E9.99 / mth 'no frills' broadband, no 'bundles', just the basics.( Or is that like trying to get cable TV with the channels YOU ACTUALLY want, as opposed to the co. throwing 10 ****s channels in with 2 good ones ? )

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Your best bet is the Eircom Family Bundle with 1mb BB for €45.11 per month.

This includes:
    - Line rental
    - 1mb BB
    - unlimited off peak calls

No point in getting a package without the free calls, it works out more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

i'm overseas at the moment, how can I check the local BB speed in the region just to compare costs.

Advertisement