Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for using the words 'sprouting' and 'tripe' in the same sentence.

Options
  • 27-01-2009 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DaveO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
    You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Dear happyoutscan,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    If you have nothing helpful to say, say nothing.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58762829
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by embee viewpost.gif
    Very helpful post for the OP, well done rolleyes.gif

No advice is better than the tripe you're sprouting.
    I have PM moderator for an explanation, 24 hours still waiting which is no surprise really. I want to know what the story is. If I have committed an offense that merits an infraction then fair enough, but it wasn't. [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DaveO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DaveO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DaveO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

The explaination is in the infraction PM - Breach of forum charter.
    The comment you made can be cover by any or all of the below.
    Reply to threads in a civil and well phrased manner, remember being a Personal Issues board the contents of some threads may be very close to people's hearts.

Think carefully about what you're posting, remember it is the interweb after all and you may not be as anonymous as you think.

Trolling will not be tolerated.

Petty differences with other boards members will not be tolerated.

Any advice given should be mature, contructive and non-abusive. Opinions are welcome. Ridicule and nastiness are not.

most of all, if you have nothing relevant to add to the topic, please refrain from posting anything at all.
    Off topic behaviour will result in a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It was non-abusive and you know it. Did you understand the context in which it was said? Do you understand the meaning? Would I have suffered an infraction if I had typed 'please stop typing rubbish'?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

most of all, if you have nothing relevant to add to the topic, please refrain from posting anything at all.

Beruthiel wrote: »

Meaning? 'Most of all' what? What was positive about those comments saying it was none of OP's business? Were they positive? On a very personal matter regarding his brother etc etc etc how can 'its none of your business' be relevant or positive? My goodness have you any sense of reason? Please explain.

I may as well keep at it. In my opinion, my comments were not upsetting to anyone. How could they be? I was showing my support with the OP, who shouldn't have to be told (more than once by the same person!!!!!) that it was 'none of his business' when these comments were totally unnecessary. Ummm. It's his Personal Thread, he's looking for advice and you think those comments are/were helpful??? Do you???

I'm sure being a moderator can be taxing and a quite thankless job, but showing a small bit of common sense and losing the power-trip - if you have one (hey you say it yourself on your bio) - might be a better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No advice is better than the tripe you're sprouting.
    I'd infract you for that on PI.

Gordon wrote: »
    I'd infract you for that on PI.

Magnum?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nah, you're grand thanks, the moustache would get in the way of the vanilla.

Incidentally, if one is sprouting tripe I'd recommend the old Personal Issues mantra - GOTO doctor, or a vet, either way tripe shouldn't really be sprouting from any part of the human body.

Gordon wrote: »
    Nah, you're grand thanks, the moustache would get in the way of the vanilla.

Incidentally, if one is sprouting tripe I'd recommend the old Personal Issues mantra - GOTO doctor, or a vet, either way tripe shouldn't really be sprouting from any part of the human body.

Agreed, but I don't think he will go to one. (He being MagnumPI in case any mods get infraction-itchy again). :D

Advertisement