Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute - Dunboyne

Options
  • 27-01-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi all,

My lease is up soon so am looking round for new places to live, Dunboyne is an option but I'm looking some info on typical commuting times into Dublin.

So in short, what is an average time to get from the centre of Dunboyne to the N3/M50 junction by car, to arrive at the M50 for about 8am?

Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭donmaga1

Dude look at a map!!!! You will be 5 min away from m50. At 8 am the traffic is light. Gets busy after then.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pazza

I haven't come from Dunboyne, but my experience in driving on N3 to M50 is that the traffic is OK up to 7:30/7:45, but builds after that. You will be held up a bit in traffic at 7:30, but its nothing too bad. So getting there for 8 should be ok and from Dunboyne would't expect it to be more than 20 mins at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

donmaga1 wrote: »
    Dude look at a map!!!! You will be 5 min away from m50. At 8 am the traffic is light. Gets busy after then.

I'm quite well versed in mapping thanks. At 8am going by by the map it should take me 5mins getting from Donabate junction to the airport on the M1. Doesn't stop it actually taking anywhere between 15-25mins though does it? If you've nothing useful to post sod off.

To Pazza - cheers, thats about what I thought.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It's quite obvious you don't drive in the area at 8am, so why post?

At 8am, the traffic is horrendous at the N3/M50 junction city-bound. It would take around 12 to 15 minutes at 7am from Dunboyne town to get to the M50 roundabout. Would probably take around 30 to 40 minutes at 8am. That time would mainly be getting from the Quinn building to the M50 of course.

I have to be in work in Ballymount for 8am Monday to Friday and Traffic builds up around Blanch. Guess that i am lucky I dont get to stuck. It never take me longer than 20min to get past Dunboyne to Blanch. In recient times Traffic for me has been light for me any way.

PauloMN if you drive like a granny it will take ages:p.

aquascrotum my bad. I am Just after reedin over last post and it came accross like I was a dick. Sorry dude

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I have to be in work in Ballymount for 8am Monday to Friday and Traffic builds up around Blanch. Guess that i am lucky I dont get to stuck. It never take me longer than 20min to get past Dunboyne to Blanch. In recient times Traffic for me has been light for me any way.

PauloMN if you drive like a granny it will take ages:p.

aquascrotum my bad. I am Just after reedin over last post and it came accross like I was a dick. Sorry dude

So if you have to be in work for 8am in Ballymount, how do you know what the traffic is like at 8am on the N3?

PauloMN wrote: »
    So if you have to be in work for 8am in Ballymount, how do you know what the traffic is like at 8am on the N3?

Because I drive on the N3 to work!!!!

Because I drive on the N3 to work!!!!

I'll try again. Assuming you are physically in your workplace at 8am (which is what I understood when you said "I have to be in work in Ballymount for 8am Monday to Friday"), I don't understand how you would know what the traffic is like at 8am at the N3/M50 junction. On a weekday, you'd need to be passing that point at around 7.30am to be in Ballymount industrial estate for 8am I would guess.

This may sound picky, but the OP was pretty specific with the question. To tell someone coming from Dunboyne they'd be "5 mins from the M50" on a weekday morning is way off the mark, as is saying "At 8 am the traffic is light."

:pLike I said before. I will say it agian for those in the cheap seats. I musy be lucky, As I am not driving like a GRANNY. LOL. Not to sound picky. It takes time to drive any where. To be in Dunboyne at a specific 8am time is HARD. Sometimes you will me early sometimes late:pac::pac::pac: As sometimes I am at a specific Junction at a specific time. Sometimes the specific time is specific-ly not 8am:p

:pLike I said before. I will say it agian for those in the cheap seats. I musy be lucky, As I am not driving like a GRANNY. LOL. Not to sound picky. It takes time to drive any where. To be in Dunboyne at a specific 8am time is HARD. Sometimes you will me early sometimes late:pac::pac::pac: As sometimes I am at a specific Junction at a specific time. Sometimes the specific time is specific-ly not 8am:p

Wow. That really clears things up. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

jaysus your an awful wagon

campervan wrote: »
    jaysus your an awful wagon

And so's your face. LOL:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Advertisement