Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodak Ektar 100

• 27-01-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Is this film available in Dublin, I've been seeing samples of it online and want to try some out. I've been enjoying Fuji pro 400 h colour film but like trying new things :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As far as I know, Gunn's have it in stock. I've not given it a go yet, but it does look nice :)

Daire has used a roll or two of it I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Excellent, Gunns was gonna be the first place I tried anyway but I won't get there until the weekend.

I'm currently shooting with 1600 or 3200 ISO film as I'm rarely out with the camera in daytime but looking forward to brighter evenings and getting some colour film back in my cameras

Same as myself really, I've been shooting 400's at 1600's mostly, and nearly all BW.

Give Gunn's a ring, it might save you the trip in - I think their number's around here somewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I've shot a roll of it, if you do a tag search on my stream for 'ektar' you can see them. If you're a contact you can see the full size (4000 DPI) scans. Its pretty grain free all right, but the shots I have up aren't probably particularly representative. I develop my own C-41, so by the time I've finished being lacksadaisacal about the times, temperatures, and agitation, and then scanned and colour corrected to taste, the colour is probably nowhere near representative of what the film is meant to look like :rolleyes:

Also I was trying out my new 50mm f/1.4 wide open (of course, otherwise whats the point of buying it !!) so they're quite soft. Its nice though, I like what I've seen of it.

Sineadw has a roll aswell, I part exchanged it for that pola film.

Wow cheers for that, I'll take a look at flickr at lunchtime and check out your photos. I saw some posted elsewhere this morning and just got me thinking. The shots I liked are on this page http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=30801968

No need to ring Gunns, I live just up the road from them so it's no bother to pop in when walking to town.

Now I just got to make a decision on what camera to put this film into, I got 2 fine contenders!! OM4Ti or Contax G2, OM glass or Zeiss... decisions, decisions eh?!

• Advertisement

I'd be going for the G2, personally :)

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'd be going for the G2, personally :)

I was just about to say that. I've always ... coveted ... those G2s. Too pricey though. Can't really justify it :rolleyes:

There was a G1 and a G2 on Adverts recently, with some glass for a grand... I was sorely tempted... Then I was tempted by the Bronica RF... And now I'm waiting to be tempted by something else... :rolleyes:

There was a G1 and a G2 on Adverts recently, with some glass for a grand... I was sorely tempted... Then I was tempted by the Bronica RF... And now I'm waiting to be tempted by something else... :rolleyes:

hahaha. Yeah I hear you. GAS. Its a dreadful curse. I make an effort -not- to read adverts nowadays. There was a complete RB67 kit up not so long ago for a pretty reasonable price. I'd just brought my SQ though. And yes, that bronica 645 RF caught my eye aswell :-)

Bronica's tempt me as well, they just look classy yet cube-like.

I was coveting a G2 for a while too, ended up in a camera shop in London and was feeling flush. Had intended buying an OM 21mm lens, however I hadn't brought a camera and really wanted to take some photos! So my G2 lust took over, cost me about £700 sterling and the exchange rate wasn't bad at the time. Excellent camera, I love using it

• Advertisement

*rubs knees*

There is a Leica M3 with a Summicron 50mm F2 on there that is tempting at €1200 but I'm refusing to buy myself another film camera.

...although there is a lovely new 645 Fuji rangefinder in Gunns for €1200 as well

duffarama wrote: »
    ...although there is a lovely new 645 Fuji rangefinder in Gunns for €1200 as well

A friend rang me the other day to tell me about that.. :-/

I've tried almost every camera shop in town and can't find any Ektar 100 in any of them.

Is there a place you could recommend online I can order some?

I've tried almost every camera shop in town and can't find any Ektar 100 in any of them.

Is there a place you could recommend online I can order some?

7dayshop has it, that's where I normally get my film. Expensive for postage though, so order loads of stuff, P&P is 7.95 regardless.

mx2.co.uk has it aswell, 3.99 7dayshop has it for 3.29 or 2.99 for more than 10. Dunno what the postage is from mx2 though.

Cheers for that, I'll make sure and order a ridiculous amount of film so the postage cost is irrelevant whichever of those websites I choose to use.

Cheers for that, I'll make sure and order a ridiculous amount of film so the postage cost is irrelevant whichever of those websites I choose to use.

That's the spirit ! I semi-regularly just get around 100/150 worth of stuff. The only annoyance is their thing about sending it in multiple packages. I've gotten them in the past spread out over the course of about 2 weeks. I think it's an Post thats to blame, 7dayshop send them all on the same day AFAIK.

as long as all the packages fit through the letter box I'll be happy!!

If not :(

I doubt they will tbh :(

as long as all the packages fit through the letter box I'll be happy!!

If not :(

Not to worry, mine always have. And thats generally a mishmash of 120, 35mm, polaroid, and other bits and pieces that have caught my fancy. The only ones that haven't have been an umbrella and an entire box of 20 rolls of reala that was only 7.99 because it was short-dated :D

• Advertisement

Excellent news, time to stock up on Portra and Fuji Pro400H so :)

Advertisement