Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migration from ASP to ASP.Net

Options
  • 27-01-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been designing websites in asp for some time now but i would like to update to asp.net. Could i mix both asp & .net in the same site or would i need to convert all to .net in order for it to work smoothly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've seen them mixed but its a really bad idea and is very poor programming practice. I'd go with the complete .NET solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

You can mix and match but depending on what you are doing on the site you might be better off just converting the lot.

e.g. If you had your login processing in asp and then went into a asp.net you would have to do some session sharing.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479313.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Just keep one...

Moving to .NET aint that hard. They will coexist on the same site but if you want them to interop its not always easy nor recommended

Advertisement