Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim card rejected

• 27-01-2009 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

hi,
    just got a new 3 pre pay sim. put it in the phone. Sim card rejected turns up on the screen. Phone is a nokia 5140 unlocked working fine on o2. tried it in an old 7110 same thing. Played phone tag with the customer support to be told the tech dept unavailable could i call back later. any advice would be great.
    jack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭paul.irl

As far as I know, you need a 3G-enabled phone to use the 3 network. THe 5140 is not 3G enabled so not sure you'll be able to use the SIM. If you know anyone with a 3G phone, try the SIM in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

I think three block you from doing this as you would have to use a 2g network and I think they are using one of the other providers (Vodafone) for that, and so because you can only use the 2g network with that phone they will block the phone from using the sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Rob_l wrote: »
    I think three block you from doing this as you would have to use a 2g network and I think they are using one of the other providers (Vodafone) for that, and so because you can only use the 2g network with that phone they will block the phone from using the sim.

3 sims works in some 2g phones but it's hit and miss. i've seen one work in a 5140i as a matter of fact but it must have had different firmware. bottom line it won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

thanks folks i sort of figured when they gave me the run around. Nice of them to mention it in the online shop:rolleyes: oh well onwards to meteor!

Advertisement