Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadbans options in dublin 15

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

looking for any inputs on broadband options in dublin 15, clonsilla.

i had irish broadband and the service and the connection speed was v bad
    so i changed to eircom, 55 euro a month option. connection speed good and no hassel, just that 55 euro a month is very expensive

any one suggest a cheaper alternative?

im thinkin about the NTL package as i have their basic TV package in my gaff.
    anyone have NTL broadband?

all feebback welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I have ntl/UPC 20mb broadband. The speed is usually slower but the service is fairly constant. I am in Clonsilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

baegan wrote: »
    looking for any inputs on broadband options in dublin 15, clonsilla.

i had irish broadband and the service and the connection speed was v bad
    so i changed to eircom, 55 euro a month option. connection speed good and no hassel, just that 55 euro a month is very expensive

any one suggest a cheaper alternative?

im thinkin about the NTL package as i have their basic TV package in my gaff.
    anyone have NTL broadband?

all feebback welcome

If you have a home phone NTL do a good deal if get all 3 off them. Phone, BB and tele. Is Eircom charging you 55 just for the BB or a package?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

thanks for feedback.
    yep 55 euro but i dont evry use the home phone at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

NTL dont offer a home broadband package with the TV package i have..they havent upgraded their system to allow it..crazy stuff when i live in clonsilla..

has anyone had an experience with SMART?
    they have a 4M package for 40 euro...
    but i read that the SMART connection gets really bad when the weather
    can anyone confirm this?

also looking at BT, but they have the same expensive package that eircom offer..

any help appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

baegan wrote: »
    NTL dont offer a home broadband package with the TV package i have..they havent upgraded their system to allow it..crazy stuff when i live in clonsilla..

has anyone had an experience with SMART?
    they have a 4M package for 40 euro...
    but i read that the SMART connection gets really bad when the weather
    can anyone confirm this?

also looking at BT, but they have the same expensive package that eircom offer..

any help appreciated

Hi there,

Smart telecom has a package at the moment as u said above 4MB for 40.52 per month. 1:1 contention and "real" no downlolad limits unlike this fair usage crap.... and if u sign up before the end of the month u get the 1st 3 months broadband free

• Advertisement
Advertisement