Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike for sale?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Was in a fish shop in howth at the weekend and saw they had three or four quiet large pike for sale amongst all the normal sea fish.Is this above board as i'd heard its illegal to kill pike now?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I thought so too, they could have been brought in from the continent though? Or maybe the North/UK if they still allow it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

totally legal if imported, i know the place you are talking about, they are 100% legit with certs and all as fa as i've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

shblob wrote: »
    totally legal if imported, i know the place you are talking about, they are 100% legit with certs and all as fa as i've heard.

Which shop is it?
    PM me if you can thanks;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

pavol nagy wrote: »
    i think fishi s tasty meal and good for blood in heart, i think irish is jealous we are better fisherman than you and too also better at football as we will win you tonight

I have my suspicions of who it is!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Flah

my mate is a monger - he says they are incresingly getting asked for pike from certain elements of the community. Only happened in the last 2-3 months -
    not sure if this is because the cold weather and they are not out fishing OR worse there are no pike left in the country ......can anyone put me out of my worried state and let me know if they caught pike in the last two months - (Obviously keep locations to yourself or there will be murder , both on the rivers and on the forums from some of the other boys;))
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I have caught dozens of pike over the last two months, to catch them, it does help if you actually go out fishing, and not just post on forums about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Flah

get a grip blob - its a forum to generate discussion hence the catch phrase 'now ye're talking' associated with boards.ie less of the sarcasm in future please - it adds nothing to the thread. There are many fine posters who reply to questions (sometimes ridiculous questions) without any sarcasm, have a read through some of the posts and you will see what i mean

Tight lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pavOil Naggy

seanie500 wrote: »
    I have my suspicions of who it is!:mad:

You suck goats you go slaggin me off totally disrespectful accusing me of bein a pike poacher, sorry have am a few beers but still you are some beat off coming with a statement like that am glad there is no pike left in irish lakes

Had the day off work yesterday so decided to investigate the pond monster.
    Brought my Polaroid's and did a full lap of the pond looking for any fish at all. Stopped at any "fishy" areas etc. No trout, no fry of any sort and no pike but that's not to say it isn't there. No joy with the fish finder because of all the ducks etc and the waters so shallow. I couldn't really see how that pond would sustain fish life as the water is stagnant and lifeless. Not even algae but it is winter, perhaps in spring when the fly hatches begin there could be trout. Next step was to talk to the parkys. I asked the parky was there any fish? and he straight away told me there was pike in there. He said he had seen two of them. "Big Fellahs". As for the question as to how they get into the pond. The water in the pond comes from the canal and the perky reckoned the pike come in and out through the pipes! So if you were to dredge the whole pond there might be no pike. And unfortunately there's no particular spot that the pike are seen. So they probably are patrolling around. He said he knew of no other fish being seen in the pond but I'm sure they could come in and out in the same way. I asked him what he thought they were eating but he wasn't sure, Id guess myself duckling, rats and frogs

If somebody had an interest in Nature photography, if they set up some oily mackerel in front of a camera for long enough when the weathers warmer, a pike in the city would surely be an award winner!

Hey corm dogg like your post no sign of any pike in St Stephens green about the oily macrkel and joe dirt

suprising wake up and get a life instead of sitting by the lake waiting to take photos all day

this forum is so pretentious in terms of noboby can ever make a suggestion withiout getting cut down and everything is so secretive

only guy i have some respect for is chopper dog at least he's honest:mad:

The wobbler

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement