Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geographical Investigation Layout

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:30pm

Does anybody know if the layout for the geographical investigaion has to be strictly abided by? You know where it says on the marking scheme that you've to divide the gathering of data section into two methods? I've mine divided differently, in a way that I think is far more logical, and indeed, better. Would I lose marks for not following what's on the marking scheme? I still have the same number of SRPs etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I don't think they're that strict about it tbh as long as the report you submit is of good standard.
    It's been nearly two years since I did mine, but if I recall I split "gathering of data" into 4 or 5 different sections and had a good number of SRPs for each.
    (Mine went over 1000 words but I just wrote 990-something on the cover; I doubt they bothered counting ;))

If there are good Geography teachers in your school maybe you could ask them for their thoughts. They would have gone to conferences and meetings where examiners and teachers surely would have discussed the layout and the best way to do the investigation.

Advertisement