Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D15 Bargains Thread

Options
  • 27-01-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Just been and the below spar offers are in Hartstown

Jaffa Cakes - 2 for €1
    firelogs €1 each or a box for €12 - think 15 in a box
    3 yorkies for €1
    24 500ml bottles of club orange for €8
    Capri sun 10 pack - €2.50

Great deal on the firelogs and the Club orange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Thursday is the specials day! The place is jammers! Great meat deals and also bread. I think its a great supermarket and the manager even carried my stuff out to the car when it was raining one day.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

just back, some of the specials are

24 bottles of coke zero for €6 - jan expirrey date but were going to use as mixers

18 rolls of toilet paper for €5

kitchen roll - 89cent for 2

loaf of bread - €1

chips, think 1.5kg under 2 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Dantes Restaurant are offeringg a 2 course meal deal for €12.50 (main + starter or dessert).

You can also get a bottle of wine for €8.95 if you order the above deal.

Anyone see other bargains?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Where's Dantes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Beside Starbucks in the 'Plex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I think they also do a pizza and UCI ticket for 17.50 or so

oblivious wrote: »
    I think they also do a pizza and UCI ticket for 17.50 or so

Think a soft drink is included in this price - reckon this is a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds like they are working on competing with T.G.I. Fridays 20 quid meal including movie ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Sounds like they are working on competing with T.G.I. Fridays 20 quid meal including movie ticket.

Doubt it... TGI's, Leisureplex, Dante's and UCI are all owned by the same group...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Doubt it... TGI's, Leisureplex, Dante's and UCI are all owned by the same group...

Really? What group is this?

(I think TGI's are owned by Carlson http://www.carlson.com/brands/restaurants.cfm but did not know Dante's and Leisureplex are as well?)

• Advertisement

I knew TGI's and Dantes were both owned by the same crowd - they both add an automatic 5% service charge to the bill........... (Takes away a bit from the bargain aspect maybe)........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

amdublin wrote: »
    Really? What group is this?

(I think TGI's are owned by Carlson http://www.carlson.com/brands/restaurants.cfm but did not know Dante's and Leisureplex are as well?)

Can't remember the name right now but I used to work in the Leisureplex in Blanchardstown and we used to have to ask permission to go to TGI's after work as they didn't want us "making a show of them in one of their establishments".

The EE Group appear to run these 3 busineses.

http://www.dv4.com/project_info.php?view_project=69

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The starbucks over there is strange in that it doesn't accept the starbucks card, whereas all the other branches in blanch do, so i don't really go there anymore.

I was in the Twelfth Lock the other day and they have a new menu and a lot of the prices are reduced on it, all by an average of about €2 per dish. Not bad. The 6oz burger with bacon and cheese and chips is good value at €10. Nice deserts too. Service can be a bit slow at lunchtime if it is busy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Can't remember the name right now but I used to work in the Leisureplex in Blanchardstown and we used to have to ask permission to go to TGI's after work as they didn't want us "making a show of them in one of their establishments".

Ha ha that's funny!

Dominos in Ongar "sometimes" gives free cans with your order....

Not in D15 but very near to us - IKEA - hello cheap food! :)

Arciphel wrote: »
    The starbucks over there is strange in that it doesn't accept the starbucks card, whereas all the other branches in blanch do, so i don't really go there anymore.

I was told by the manager of the Borders Starbucks that they are all franchises.

I had produced a voucher for a free latte for what I thought was for all Starbucks (in fact it was for the cinema Starbucks - it was written in tiny writing!).

The manager in Borders Starbucks did honour it though.

Arciphel wrote: »

I was in the Twelfth Lock the other day and they have a new menu and a lot of the prices are reduced on it, all by an average of about €2 per dish. Not bad. The 6oz burger with bacon and cheese and chips is good value at €10. Nice deserts too. Service can be a bit slow at lunchtime if it is busy though.

Thanks for the tip!

Do they do a Banoffee Pie for dessert?

amdublin wrote: »

Not in D15 but very near to us - IKEA - hello cheap food! :)

Yes, but for 50 cents a hot dog, you have to wonder what it is made of!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Enii wrote: »
    Yes, but for 50 cents a hot dog, you have to wonder what it is made of!

Real dog? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Thanks for the tip!

Do they do a Banoffee Pie for dessert?

They sure do, it's nice - but I can never get past the rhubarb crumble :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

La Terrazza (Upstairs at Superquinn)

€10.95 Starter & Main - Lunch

€15.95 Starter & main - Earlybird

Top grub.

Hard Larry wrote: »
    La Terrazza (Upstairs at Superquinn)

€10.95 Starter & Main - Lunch

€15.95 Starter & main - Earlybird

Top grub.

TBH I'm not really a fan of this place. I think that the pasta dishes always taste like they've been microwaved before they are brought to the the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I used to be a big fan of the above restaraunt but in the last year or so it has gone down big time. I heard that the origional chef went to work in Fire restaraunt in Dawson St.
    The last time I went in there the waiter/owner(gruff German guy) came over with a wine list and said "can I recommend a nice bottle of wine for the lady." I checked it out on the wine list and it was 40euro, I said no thanks I'll have the one that costs 25euro please. I felt very embarassed, I couldn't afford 40euro for a bottle of wine.

I won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

suey71 wrote: »
    I used to be a big fan of the above restaraunt but in the last year or so it has gone down big time. I heard that the origional chef went to work in Fire restaraunt in Dawson St.
    The last time I went in there the waiter/owner(gruff German guy) came over with a wine list and said "can I recommend a nice bottle of wine for the lady." I checked it out on the wine list and it was 40euro, I said no thanks I'll have the one that costs 25euro please. I felt very embarassed, I couldn't afford 40euro for a bottle of wine.

I won't be going back.

He was trying pressure sales tactics on you.
    Glad you didn't cave.

I got a few pizzas from there about a year or so ago,
    they were very average, and over-priced for the quality.

suey71 wrote: »

I won't be going back.

That sounds a bit over the top for a local restaurant....that's above a supermarket!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Surprised no one mentioned the chipper in Blanch Village, Clonsila Village, the delivery one and another one i forgot doing half price one and one`s tomorrow.

Its in one of the local papers we got in the door today. Thinking of availing of it but wonder if it stops before hungry irish fans get to use it lol

jeffk wrote: »
    Surprised no one mentioned the chipper in Blanch Village, Clonsila Village, the delivery one and another one i forgot doing half price one and one`s tomorrow.

Its in one of the local papers we got in the door today. Thinking of availing of it but wonder if it stops before hungry irish fans get to use it lol

Excuse my ignorance, but what are "one and one's"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Excuse my ignorance, but what are "one and one's"?

Smoked cod and chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 liamfortune76

brightkane wrote: »
    Just been and the below spar offers are in Hartstown

Jaffa Cakes - 2 for €1
    firelogs €1 each or a box for €12 - think 15 in a box
    3 yorkies for €1
    24 500ml bottles of club orange for €8
    Capri sun 10 pack - €2.50

Great deal on the firelogs and the Club orange

they sold me 4 cans of out of date guinness last week they are lucky i cant find my receipt so check the best before dates folks

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Smoked cod and chips

Thanks, never heard of that term.

Advertisement