Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D15 Bargains Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    It only sounds a bargain because the other places are over priced.

:confused:

That may be but it doesn't change the fact that you won't get wings for less than a fiver anywhere.

If you do find this please let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

Dealz have actually put their prices up recently on a number of items which is disappointing as they include increases in all the products I would buy in there. Cheese gone from 99 cents to 1.29 euros, 3 litre milk gone from 1.49 euros to 1.99 euros. :eek: 2 litre from 99 cents to 1.29. They're still cheaper for toiletries ect but more expensive on some food items. Still value to be had there, but you need to know the difference between them and the other stores to actually get the value on the value products. All prices in all food stores seem on the increase. Need to keep shopping around for the best value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Brannigan meats in Rosemount is worth adding to your short list. They have a factory shop and supply some really good meats.

They also do these wraps, i cannot explain but they are tasty.

Their white pudding is the best in Blanch without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

+1 for Brannigan's, great value and quality and huge range.
    Always go there for rib eye's and come out with bags of stuff.

Have heard that Aldi have been given permission to locate on the grounds of the Old National School in Mulhuddart. Would be great news if it is true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It is true, permission was granted last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

amdublin wrote: »
    :confused:

That may be but it doesn't change the fact that you won't get wings for less than a fiver anywhere.

If you do find this please let us know.

Didnt say that you could ;)

Jack O'Neills in Tyrrelstown now doing a plate of wings and a pint for €8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Okocim wrote: »
    Have heard that Aldi have been given permission to locate on the grounds of the Old National School in Mulhuddart. Would be great news if it is true.

So that is what is going in there!
    Both my sons attended that 'little school' for their primary years.

I guess i'm just sentimental about it, and tbh a local Aldi would serve me well as I don't have a car at present. Ace!!!

January wrote: »

ooh excellent :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Free Bookswap in 'Briarwood Stores'.
    I don't know if it's still called Briarwood Stores, but the little shop there has a bookrack as you go in full of mostly paperback novels.
    The idea afaik is you bring in a book or 2 that you don't need, and you can take a book if you want. Not sure if you have to bring in a book to avail, but a friend uses this system and it'a a great idea imho. Nice to give an independent shop a bit of business instead of the plethora of spars etc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

It is true, permission was granted last month.
    zef wrote: »
    So that is what is going in there!
    Both my sons attended that 'little school' for their primary years.

I guess i'm just sentimental about it, and tbh a local Aldi would serve me well as I don't have a car at present. Ace!!!

Where exactly is the Old National School in Mulhuddart? I can't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Where exactly is the Old National School in Mulhuddart? I can't place it.
    http://g.co/maps/n57m7

brightkane wrote: »
    anyone ever used the discount store in the housing estate (whitestown?) beside lidl?

Euro something or other, just saw a sign out on the road for it.

I usually go o the market or bog roll and those big blue industrial kitchen rolls, but would go in there if they had it.

Anyone any experiences of what they bought?

Cheers
    The housing estate is Sheepmore I believe. I think its just another shop like (same name/products) the one in the Centre next door to Game.

fletch wrote: »

Thanks - that's where I thought it was.

Just want to recommend Clery's for good quality beddings at a reasonable price. I have found that sheets in Dunnes and Penney's don't last any length of time - it is worth paying a little more in Clerys for a better quality product.

Clery's also has a nice gift section and it is very quiet as there is not too many people in browsing.

They have just got in some new picnic and and outdoor materials in which are all great and very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

+1 on Clery's, they've an excellent range of home stuff at very reasonable prices, plus it's usually quiet. I read a few months ago that the Clery's group have financial problems though and may close these 'At Home' shops, so take advantage while you can.

Dunnes in Ongar
    Slab of coke or diet coke: 18 cans for €6.50

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chippy80

It's now a basket of wings And 2 pints of fosters for 10 euro.
    Plenty of wings & wings are delish.
    3-9pm Monday to Thursday in jack o neills . Tyrrelstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Think they've had these for a while, but in Dealz a 15 packet of Finish powerball dishwasher tablets for €1.49

• Advertisement

Inspiring Ideas

Wednesdays 6 - 9pm, 10% off craft stuff

Nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Nolimits wrote: »
    Think they've had these for a while, but in Dealz a 15 packet of Finish powerball dishwasher tablets for €1.49

Some great prices in that place dealz all right fairy liquid 1.49 too

Saw a Tesco employee in Tesco uniform with name badge still on shopping in Lidl yesterday evening. Says it all really.

Saw a Tesco employee in Tesco uniform with name badge still on shopping in Lidl yesterday evening. Says it all really.

I see people from Dunnes shopping in Tesco all the time, what's your point?

It would appear the point is that Tesco is cheaper than Dunnes, and Lidl is cheaper than Dunnes and Tesco even after the staff discount. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I would say that apart from the price something things like fruit and veg might be better somewhere else. Tesco in Roselawn is probably the worse for that kinda thing, even vs other Tesco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

It would appear the point is that Tesco is cheaper than Dunnes, and Lidl is cheaper than Dunnes and Tesco even after the staff discount. ;)

And thats the only reason that person was in lidl was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I worked in Tesco years ago but shopped in other shops closer to home because it was a shorter walk for carrying the bags home.

+1 for Clerys especially now they're closing so everything is reduced.

As far as I'm aware Clery's is closed now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

amdublin wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware Clery's is closed now :(

It is yeah think they had a half price stock clearance sale a few weeks back

Advertisement